We haven’t had this much fun with makeup since the days of swiping mom’s lipstick. Jouer’s cosmetics let you take a playful approach to your beauty routine by ditching the traditional one-size-fits-all palette — create a totally unique mix with the brand’s signature packaging, where each perfect shade slides and snaps together for the ultimate in custom color. We show you just how easy it is in the video above, featuring four picks from the Blushing Beauty collection
. Scoop them up, plus more chic sets and travel pouches, in our Jouer sale
Tagged blushing beauty palette, blusing beauty, jouer, jouer blushing beauty, jouer blushing beauty palette, jouer cosmetic blushing beauty, jouer cosmetic palette, jouer cosmetic palettes, jouer cosmetics, jouer makeup, jouer makeup palette, jouer makeup palettes
If you’re noticing a trend in past holiday party snaps — a super-sleek blowout in every pic — it’s time mix things up a bit for this year’s round of festivities. Ditch the stick-straight locks and opt for a little romance with these two celeb-inspired styles: Julianne Hough’s chic braided updo and Jessica Alba’s elegant retro waves. We asked three of our favorite beauty brands for tips on how to nail these looks — now snap up each of their pro-grade products and tools to recreate the look at home.
- “Apply a few pumps of serum to freshly towel-dried hair in a downward motion, as if your hands are like the two sides of a flat iron. Comb through from roots to ends and rough dry hair with your fingers. Section hair to be braided from each side of your natural part and then discreetly intertwine ends with bobby pins.” – GLOSS Moderne
- “Brush your hair out, pin it into sections, and weave in a loose French braid or coronet. The key here: Don’t aim for exact precision. Braids that look a little piece-y are flattering; they have a soft, effortless vibe that’s very sexy and romantic.” – Philip B
Read More >>
Tagged caroline chu, caroline chu hair, easy hair style, easy hair styles, gloss moderne, gloss moderne hair, hair styling tricks, holiday hair, holiday hair shop, holiday party hair styles, jessica alba, jessica alba curls, jessica alba golden globes, jessica alba hair, jessica alba retro waves, jessica alba waves, julianne hough, julianne hough braids, julianne hough hair, party hair styles, philip b, philip b hair
Summer may be over, but don’t let that stop you from sporting playful nails this fall. And nothing says fun like a little sparkle, right? Just take a look at this of-the-moment chevron-striped manicure — complete with luxe, seasonal hues — designed exclusively for Gilt by Hollywood manicure guru Deborah Lippmann. Check out the step-by-step tips below and create your own unique color combos with signature polish sets in our Deborah Lippmann sale, starting tomorrow at noon ET.
1. On clean, dry nails, apply base coat and two coats of rust-colored polish. Make sure to wait two minutes between coats.
2. Depending on the size of each nail, use olive green polish to paint a triangle that covers about one third of the nail with the bottle brush or a striping brush.
3. Using dark purple polish, paint the tips of your nails to create an outline of a triangle that matches the angles of the first triangle shape.
4. Apply top coat to all nails. Wait until dry and enjoy!
Tagged chevron, chevron manicure, chevron stripes, deborah lippman mani, Deborah Lippmann, deborah lippmann glitter, deborah lippmann manicure, deborah lippmann nails, glitter mani, glitter manicure, glitter nail art, nail art, striped mani, striped manicure
(As seen at on the runways at Lanvin and Dsquared)
Fall is in the air, which means it’s time for both a wardrobe update and a makeup refresh. To help us in the makeup department, we asked cosmetics guru Napoleon Perdis to share his favorite look for fall. “Perfectly lined eyes are essential this season,” says Perdis, who gives three simple steps to get the look at home.
1. Hold the liner (liquid or pencil) about 3/4 of an inch from the tip and rest your pinky just below the outer corner of the eye for stability.
2. Keeping as close to the lash line as possible, line from the inner corner, graduating in thickness as you go.
3. Finish your line in a tapered point, tailoring the length to suit you.
Create this look with Perdis’s Neo Noir Liquid Liner, plus, score more of his runway-worthy makeup on Gilt today.