CFDA winner and fashion world darling Suno makes its debut on Gilt today, which means those insanely chic prints and cool girl staples are now within closer grasp. To celebrate the arrival, we asked designers Erin Beatty and Max Osterweis to give us a little lesson in their ultimate forte—mixing prints, but of course.
- “It’s easier to mix a geometric, like a stripe, with something more feminine, like a floral,” the pair says.
- “Limit your colors—navy and white in the beginning. As you get used to it, take risks. The point is to stand out and express yourself.”
- And finally, “Don’t force it,” Erin and Max say. “Just wear what feels beautiful. Remember, there’s nothing chicer than a perfect pair of jeans with a printed top and a chic blazer. If you’re feeling really daring, a striped blazer!”
What are you waiting for? Put their advice to use and shop the sale on Gilt.
If you’re noticing a trend in past holiday party snaps — a super-sleek blowout in every pic — it’s time mix things up a bit for this year’s round of festivities. Ditch the stick-straight locks and opt for a little romance with these two celeb-inspired styles: Julianne Hough’s chic braided updo and Jessica Alba’s elegant retro waves. We asked three of our favorite beauty brands for tips on how to nail these looks — now snap up each of their pro-grade products and tools to recreate the look at home.
- “Apply a few pumps of serum to freshly towel-dried hair in a downward motion, as if your hands are like the two sides of a flat iron. Comb through from roots to ends and rough dry hair with your fingers. Section hair to be braided from each side of your natural part and then discreetly intertwine ends with bobby pins.” – GLOSS Moderne
- “Brush your hair out, pin it into sections, and weave in a loose French braid or coronet. The key here: Don’t aim for exact precision. Braids that look a little piece-y are flattering; they have a soft, effortless vibe that’s very sexy and romantic.” – Philip B
Read More >>
Tagged caroline chu, caroline chu hair, easy hair style, easy hair styles, gloss moderne, gloss moderne hair, hair styling tricks, holiday hair, holiday hair shop, holiday party hair styles, jessica alba, jessica alba curls, jessica alba golden globes, jessica alba hair, jessica alba retro waves, jessica alba waves, julianne hough, julianne hough braids, julianne hough hair, party hair styles, philip b, philip b hair