We think Kermit the Frog was wrong — it’s easy being green. In celebration of Earth Day, we wanted to help you go beyond the eco-basics (using canvas bags for groceries, buying local ingredients, etc.). So we asked Project Nursery, one of the best online destinations for children’s design, to create babies rooms that help protect the planet. We’re loving all the products they chose, and they’ll all be on sale at Gilt Baby & Kids starting Tuesday.
Here, the experts at Project Nursery explain why they chose each of the products above for the perfect boy’s room. To see the girl’s room, click here.
1. KoKo Mattress by Beck to Nature – “The eco nursery starts with where baby sleeps. We like the Coco Mattress because it is made from 100% renewable materials and is free of harsh chemicals that can be inhaled by baby’s developing lungs.”
2. Posters by Petit Collage – “Children love an adventure and this darling ABC poster by Petit Collage captures your imagination in a sweet and subtle way.”
3. Coyuchi Jingo Bedding - “Luxurious and velvety soft, Coyuchi bedding is the cream of the crop when it comes to natural and organic crib bedding.”
4. 3 Sprouts Bins – “Storage is essential in the nursery. These cute animal bins are the perfect size to store toys, books or even laundry. And who can resist those adorable animal faces?”
5. Roh Crib by Spot on Square – “The Roh crib is every modernists dream! We like to think of it as a crib with a view. Impeccable craftsmanship and non-toxic materials make Spot on Square nursery furniture beautiful and safe for baby.”
6. Roh Dresser by Spot on Square – “We are in love with the Roh Collection! The dresser is so striking with its two-tone walnut and white finish it will have you considering a version for your own bedroom! This premium collection raises the bar when it comes to nursery design.”
7. Hooded Towel by 3 Sprouts – “Ideal for bath time, these hooded towels are made from natural cotton with soft terry on the inside so baby is warm and cozy.”
8. Paint by Quiet Nursery - “We are huge fans of the Quite Nursery Paint collection. The colors were expertly designed specifically with children in mind and there are no VOCs, odor, or solvents. And did we mention the colors are stunning?”
9. sixKid Rocking Horse by Beck to Nature – “What child doesn’t love a classic rocking horse they will cherish for a lifetime? This beautifully designed wooden rocker is treated with only natural materials and we love that it doubles as a toy and nursery decor.”
10. Braided Baskets by Colonial Mills – “We always recommend adding a few natural-looking elements to the nursery to soften the feel of the space. These soft and durable braided baskets are a great accessory for storing blankets, linens or toys. Couple a few together for a super-chic look.”