We think Kermit the Frog was wrong — it’s easy being green. In celebration of Earth Day, we wanted to help you go beyond the eco-basics (using canvas bags for groceries, buying local ingredients, etc.). So we asked Project Nursery, one of the best online destinations for children’s design, to create babies rooms that help protect the planet. We’re loving all the products they chose, and they’ll all be on sale at Gilt Baby & Kids starting Tuesday.
Here, the experts at Project Nursery explain why they chose each of the products above for the perfect girl’s room. To see the boy’s room, click here.
1. Beck to Nature KoKo Mattress – “The crib mattress is one of the most important purchases new parents will make, which is why we love this natural, organic mattress. It will keep baby safe from harsh chemicals while keeping her comfy and happy.”
2. Wooden Mobile by Petit Collage – “A darling mobile adds a little bright focal point to the nursery. These bamboo laser-cut wooden mobiles by Petit Collage are Project Nursery favorites.”
3. Fabric Wall Decals by Petit Collage – “Add some color to the walls with these fabric wall decals. Easy to use and reuse, these decals won’t damage or mark the walls. And this dainty design is so lovely for a feminine baby girl’s nursery.”
4. Hiya Crib by Spot on Square – “This elegantly simple crib has a fresh and modern look that is so versatile. It’s painted with eco-friendly, non-toxic paint, so you can have high style while not worrying about harsh chemicals near your baby.”
5. Crib Bedding by Coyuchi – Pure luxury, this smooth crib bumper (made from an organic cotton-linen blend) is both beautiful and natural. Hand dyed and elegantly tailored, this entire line of baby bedding is good looking and safe.”
6. Petit Collage Apple Mirror – “This child-friendly, lightweight, acrylic mirror is so cute it’s perfect to place above the changer. Babies love to get a peak of themselves in the mirror.”
7. Hiya Dresser by Spot on Square - “This dresser is the perfect size for smaller spaces and with its convenient open storage bins, it’s easy to be organized for quick diaper changing.”
8. Braided Baskets by Colonial Mills – “We always recommend adding a few natural-looking elements to the nursery to soften the feel of the space. These soft and durable braided baskets are a great accessory for storing blankets, linens or toys. Couple a few together for a super chic look.”
9. 3 Sprouts Bins – “Storage is essential in the nursery. These cute animal bins are the perfect size to store toys, books or even laundry. And who can resist those adorable animal faces?”
10. Paint by Quiet Nursery – “The Quite Nursery Paint collection has amazing shades that were formulated with baby in mind. Paint one wall the soft petal pink and another the punchy darker pink for a dramatic effect.”
11. Maude Toy Box by Mod Mom – “Both storage bin and book cubby, this toy box is practical and gorgeous. Storage is so important in the nursery and we love that this toy box is handmade using only low VOC materials.”