I don’t know about you, but I am so ready for summer. Backyard barbecues, pool play dates, sunny days, and warm evenings…what’s not to love? As a busy mom of two little ones, one of the greatest perks of summertime is wearing minimal makeup. Having a little bit of a warm-weather glow makes it super easy to get out of the house in a flash, looking completely fresh-faced with very little effort. Here are my top tips for no frills, no fuss summer beauty — the entire routine takes less than five minutes.
1. Apply light-reflecting concealer under the eyes and around the nose. Only got five hours of sleep last night? Well, nobody else needs to know that! Just apply a dab of concealer on the darkest part of the under eye area, blend, and voilá! Instant brightening of the eye area. My favorite: Clinique Airbrush Concealer
2. Brush bronzer on the temples, bridge of the nose, and chin. I’m about as fair as they come, but the right shade of bronzer makes me look like I’ve spent a glorious week at the beach. The key is finding a bronzer that isn’t too orange. My favorite: NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder
3. Dab a bright pink cream blush on the apples of the cheeks. A pink pop of color will complement those bronzed temples, and cream blush creates a gorgeous dewy effect. My favorite: llamasqua Cream Blusher in Promise
4. Curl your lashes with an eyelash curler and apply mascara. If you don’t do anything else, make curling your lashes a priority. It takes less than a minute, and makes your eyes look lovely and alert.
5. Finally, apply a neutral, subtle pink lip gloss. A little bit of gloss is the cherry on top! It completes your fresh-faced, perfect-for-summer look. My favorite: Dior Addict Lip Polish in Fresh Expert