A seamstress I am not, but these adorable puppets are doable for even the novice crafter. If your little ones are handy with the scissors, have them help you cut out the shapes to construct each animal. They can also help you choose the colors…who says reindeer have to be brown? Get creative with these and the fun will literally be endless. And they make adorable holiday gifts, too!
Mom and Founder of Style Me Pretty
Felt in various colors (white, ivory, black, dark brown, brown, tan, burnt orange, pink, red)
Thread (black embroidery thread and any other colors you like)
1. Download our animal templates here and print them out. Cut out the template pieces.
2. Pin the body template to two pieces of felt and cut out. Pin all the other accessory template pieces to a single sheet of felt in the coordinating color, then cut out.
3. Using a thread color of your choice, sew all the accessory pieces to the front body piece.
4. Use the embroidery thread to sew on a mouth and eyes to the front body piece.
5. Pin the body pieces together.
6. Sew the body pieces together with a seam about ¼-inch away from the edge of the felt.
* To see the how-to for Abby’s wooden pull toy, click here.