As a new parent, we know that your infant’s comfort and safety is your top priority. Putting your little one to sleep on his back, making sure he’s always strapped safely into his stroller, car seat, and bouncer, and removing pillows and blankets from his crib – these are all second nature to you now. Hey, we get it!
So does Munchkin. After recognizing that babies spend a lot of time on their backs, leaving their chests and tummies vulnerable to the cold, the company came up with mbaby™, their new line of premium infant apparel. The collection of super-soft cotton Onester™ body suits and Sleepster™ sleep suits have an exclusive, patent-pending, double-layer front to keep the chill off baby’s chest without overheating her back. This extra bit of built-in comfort and safety proves, as Munchkin’s motto says, “it’s the little things®.”
Now that you don’t have to worry about your baby’s belly getting cold when he’s lying on his back, try our suggestions for fun activities that are guaranteed to engage and entertain little ones in the crib, car seat, or stroller, or when they need a break from tummy time (an important playtime activity that strengthens infants’ neck, back, and shoulders):
• Point to, and name, your baby’s nose, tummy, and knees, then tickle each one to begin teaching your infant to identify the different parts of the body.
• Ask, “How big is Baby?” then stretch your little one’s arms wide and say, “This big!”
• Shake a rattle or dangle a fun toy in front of your little one to encourage her to reach out and grab it.
• Lay your baby down, then take his feet in your hands and gently pedal his legs, as if he were riding a bicycle.
• Start up a rousing game of peek-a-boo. Gets ‘em every time!