Shopping for the perfect back-to-school wardrobe is only half the battle. The other half = finding school supplies that get your little one excited for the new year. We asked Serena Norr, managing editor of MomTrends.com, to fill a backpack with classroom must-haves — here’s a little lesson in her favorites.
1. Pink Fjällräven backpack
2. Bright and colorful spiral notebooks from Poppin
3. The cute and super-functional picnic lunchbox from Neat-Oh!
4. The always-essential ruler from Staples
5. So-So Happy Character Homework Pad from Hallmark (blue and red)
6. A 24-pack of classic Crayola crayons
7. Pencils in different colors from Staples and Poppin
8. Oil pastels from Pentel
9. Fun dice erasers from Staples
Weekday mornings in September can be a bit “challenging” (well, that’s the PG version of what we really want to day). Usually, “Mom, I don’t want to wear thaaaat!” echoes through the house, but this year will be different. The solution is simple: Buy kids exactly what they want to wear. Focus on these five fads while shopping for your school-bound trendsetter.
Read More >>
The day we’ve all been waiting for is upon us. Less than a month till the kids go back to school! Backpacks are about to replace beach bags, and sandals are being swapped out for sneakers. Little bookworms are on the hunt for honor-roll worthy first-day outfits. So get ready to snag the most stylish schoolyard picks: shop Armani, UGG, Jacadi, and more. Here’s a peek at what’s in store for your star student’s classroom debut. Sales start Sunday, August 11.
1. Egg Knit Pocket Dress (available Sunday)
2. Egg Striped Knit Sweater (available Sunday)
3. Couture Clips Crochet Flower Headband (available Wednesday)
4. Fjällräven Kanken Mini Backpack (available Wednesday 9pm)
5. UGG T Bailey Bow Boot (available Tuesday)
6. La Miniatura Crayon Denim Pant (available Tuesday)
7. L’Amour & Angel Leather Oxfords (available Sunday)
For little ones, the first day of school is the most stylish day of the year. It’s all about the outfit! Share a photo of your bookworm’s favorite ensemble for a chance to win a playground-chic wardrobe from Gilt. We can’t wait to see the creations your cutie came up with. #giltschoolstyle
HOW TO ENTER
1. “Like” our Facebook page
2. Upload your child’s photo to our Facebook page
3. Use the hash-tag #giltschoolstyle
4. Click the “share” button to encourage all your friends to vote