Attention, those in need of a spring vacation (a. k. a. all of us): We’re in a tropical state of mind thanks to OPI and their new Hawaii collection. We teamed up with them to give you the beach break you need both virtually and in real life. Vote for your favorite mani in our Hawaiian Getaway Sweepstakes and one lucky winner will receive a trip for two to the Polynesian paradise. The rest of us can channel the Aloha spirit thanks to OPI’s Little Hulas mini pack of four nail lacquers, complementary with a purchase of $75 or more in the Hawaiian Getaway Sale; plus, four cool manis to try with your new polishes. We tapped Valley Nails—NYC’s premier nail art salon—to create these exclusive island-style manis with the OPI Hawaii collection. Get the rundown below for the step-by-step how-to, and jumpstart your journey to umbrella drinks in bikinis.
Read More >>
In search of the secrets to flawless skin? Us too. So we reached out to Dr. Fredric Brandt — celebrity dermatologist, anti-aging expert, and creator of an award-winning skincare line — for his tips on staying wrinkle-free for as long as possible. And while these may not be obvious, like drinking lots of water and avoiding the sun (both of which are also very important), they are definitely worth considering.
Dr. Brandt says:
1. Avoid drinking through straws: This automatically causes pursing around the mouth, which leads to upper-lip wrinkles, which can become very tough to treat.
2. Sleep on your back or switch sides during the night: Pressure-induced wrinkles caused from lying on one side for a long period of time can be permanent.
3. Check your smile: Many people inadvertently pull down the corners of their mouths when they smile. Over time, this will contribute to the formation of marionette lines. Keep a mirror handy so you can see how your mouth moves and try to correct it.
Got it? Follow these tips and score his award-winning anti-aging products like Lines No More, Time Arrest Crème, and more on Gilt today.
(As seen at on the runways at Lanvin and Dsquared)
Fall is in the air, which means it’s time for both a wardrobe update and a makeup refresh. To help us in the makeup department, we asked cosmetics guru Napoleon Perdis to share his favorite look for fall. “Perfectly lined eyes are essential this season,” says Perdis, who gives three simple steps to get the look at home.
1. Hold the liner (liquid or pencil) about 3/4 of an inch from the tip and rest your pinky just below the outer corner of the eye for stability.
2. Keeping as close to the lash line as possible, line from the inner corner, graduating in thickness as you go.
3. Finish your line in a tapered point, tailoring the length to suit you.
Create this look with Perdis’s Neo Noir Liquid Liner, plus, score more of his runway-worthy makeup on Gilt today.
When it comes to anti-aging advice, who better to trust than two women (sisters, even!) who have worked in the skincare industry for more than 15 years? Liz and Rachel Edlich, co-founders of Radical Skincare (a line of antioxidant-rich, paraben-free products clinically proven reduce the signs of aging), have worked with top chemists and scientists over the years creating products for celebrities and major brands, and now, on their own impressively effective age-reversing line.
And when it comes to aging gracefully, it’s not just about miracle products, but about taking care of yourself in every sense. Here are their top four tips to looking and feeling your best:
1. Drink more water! We always have a bottle of water with us. It not only keeps us hydrated, but helps refresh the appearance of our skin after logging long hours on a plane.
2. When applying your eye cream, dab from the inside of the eye outwards. The movement helps drain excess fluid in the area. Our Radical Skincare Eye Revive Crème has great detoxifying and de-puffing ingredients like green coffee and mala’kite.
3. Mix your shower gel with some salt. It acts as a great exfoliator and will leave your skin feeling smooth and soft. It also gives you a great energy boost.
4. Take some me time. Whether that means going for a run or curling up with a book, carving out some time that’s devoted to you and only you is a must.
Shop our Radical Skincare sale, now on Gilt.