For years, we have all swooned over the flattering, feminine and sexy dresses from the design team behind Costello Tagliapietra. So we are thrilled that they finally introduced a lower-priced line, C&T, this past year, and even more thrilled to have it for the first time on Gilt.com! Read a little more about what makes the brand’s pieces so special, and then shop the sale on Gilt.com starting at noon ET on October 3.
1. The lines are produced by a couple, Jeffrey Costello and Robert Tagliapietra, who have been together for over 15 years and always take their runway bows together.
2. Soon after launching their line for Spring 2005, the duo won the 2005 Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation Award and were finalists for the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund finalist two years running.
3. Both designers are rooted in classic American sportswear — both of their grandmothers worked for famed designer Norman Norell in the 1960s.
4. In 2011, Costello Tagliapietra designed a capsule collection for Uniqlo, with prices ranging from $29-$39!
5. Their signature draping and eco-friendly AirDye technique that are hallmarks of their top line are used throughout the C&T collection. “We didn’t want it to be a typical ‘diffusion line,’ something dumbed-down,” Tagliapietra explained to Luckymag.com in April. “We wanted it to feel just as important as our regular collection, to be thoughtful and beautiful.”