Who better to go to for the perfect holiday mani than celebrity manicurist Deborah Lippmann (whose clients include A-listers like Reese Witherspoon and Sarah Jessica Parker)? Lippmann chose two of her luxe, seasonal hues and a hint of sparkle — available on Gilt — for our exclusive design. Follow the four easy steps below and you’ll be polished and ready for every occasion — including any last-minute invites.
- On clean, dry nails, apply a base coat and let dry two minutes. Then apply Flash Dance to the bottom half of your nails and let them dry for two minutes.
- Using Rolling In The Deep, paint two coats, leaving a half moon shape of Flash Dance at the base of your nail exposed. Wait two minutes between each coat.
- Brush out some I Love The Nightlife on a piece of tin foil. Using a dotting tool, pick up and place individual glitters on the edge of your nail to create a studded French tip.
- Apply top coat and wait two minutes to dry.
Summer may be over, but don’t let that stop you from sporting playful nails this fall. And nothing says fun like a little sparkle, right? Just take a look at this of-the-moment chevron-striped manicure — complete with luxe, seasonal hues — designed exclusively for Gilt by Hollywood manicure guru Deborah Lippmann. Check out the step-by-step tips below and create your own unique color combos with signature polish sets in our Deborah Lippmann sale, starting tomorrow at noon ET.
1. On clean, dry nails, apply base coat and two coats of rust-colored polish. Make sure to wait two minutes between coats.
2. Depending on the size of each nail, use olive green polish to paint a triangle that covers about one third of the nail with the bottle brush or a striping brush.
3. Using dark purple polish, paint the tips of your nails to create an outline of a triangle that matches the angles of the first triangle shape.
4. Apply top coat to all nails. Wait until dry and enjoy!
Tagged chevron, chevron manicure, chevron stripes, deborah lippman mani, Deborah Lippmann, deborah lippmann glitter, deborah lippmann manicure, deborah lippmann nails, glitter mani, glitter manicure, glitter nail art, nail art, striped mani, striped manicure
Yeah, yeah, we know spring is almost here, but why wait for the official start of the season to sport the hottest new nail trends? We paired our favorites with polish sets from Hollywood’s most sought-after manicurist, Deborah Lippmann, so you can DIY at home. It’s nothing too complicated, we promise.
Neon French Manicure
This new take on the classic French manicure will increase the cool factor of any outfit. And with this set of five mini neon polishes, you can alternate colors all season long.
Multi-Colored Pastel Manicure
Perfect for showing off your girly side and your wicked sense of humor. Choose a different pastel for each finger or alternate your favorite two — it’s up to you!
Über-Sexy Metallic Manicure
Metallics aren’t evening-exclusive; look fierce all day long in these silver, gold and bronze polishes, or layer them for a textured look.
From the basics to mega glitter, choose from many more Deborah Lippmann nail polish sets, created exclusively for Gilt.com.