Nothing against the classic blues, but summertime calls for a fresh take on denim. Look to some of your favorite celebs (boasting serious street style cred) for inspiration on how to rock the season’s must-haves: Think white-hot skinnies, playfully printed numbers, and Americana-cool cut-offs. So for all the gals who just can’t live without their jeans — rejoice! — because we’ve rounded up a slew of sunny weather-approved styles to keep your go-to uniform intact. Shop the super-chic picks above, plus dozens more in our Summer Denim Guide today!
Walking (or if you’re me, sprinting) through a packed airport during the holiday travel crush can be harrowing. But, it’s just that much nicer if you’re dressed in our go-to travel outfit. Yes, it’s exceptionally comfortable, but cute enough that you’ll feel good running into your high school boyfriend on the same flight home to visit his folks.
Start with the core building blocks – a great layering tee (extra points for a cashmere blend to keep you toasty on a chilly flight) and skinny stretchy jeans. Knee-high boots are key for quick on and off at security. Never, ever wear lace-up shoes, especially if you are prone to running late or being stressed at the airport. But a great flat boot lets you move quickly to get snacks and magazines!
Read more tips from our editor Melissa on StyleCaster.com, and shop the Perfect Outfit for Travel on Gilt.com, starting at 9 PM ET on November 7.
Any one who has ever tried on J Brand jeans has become an instant convert to their impeccable fit and on-trend designs. From stars like Angelina Jolie and Eva Longoria to pretty much the entire Gilt staff, a pair of J Brand jeans is a must in any chic girl’s wardrobe. Which is precisely why we are so thrilled to have J Brand denim on Gilt.com, starting at noon on October 4. Before you start shopping (and don’t dally, this is a hot one!), here are five fun facts to know about the brand.
1. Longtime denim innovator Jeff Rudes launched J Brand as a brand with perfect fit at the legendary Ron Herman boutique in LA in 2005, quickly expanding to specialty and department stores all over the globe.
2. J Brand has produced collaborations with top fashion designers, including a Fall 2010 capsule with Proenza Schouler that debuted in their NYC Fashion Week runway show and were the brand’s first jeans ever. J Brand has a continuing collaboration with cutting-edge London designer Christopher Kane. Other collaborations include Henry Duarte, Hussein Chalayan and Topshop.
3. The brand’s celebrity fans are legion, with Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, making frequent public appearances in her 811 skinnies. She even wore them three days in a row during last summer’s trip to Canada!
4. J Brand launched a ready-to-wear apparel collection this past spring, with luxe leathers, sharply tailored separates and more.
5. Another good reason to buy a new pair of J Brand jeans! You can share photos of yourself in J Brand with other fans of the brand on the brand’s innovative social platform, J World!
How many young labels can claim famously chic fans like Miranda Kerr, Cameron Diaz and Rihanna? For L.A.-based Mother Denim, the reaction from both fashionistas and the press alike has been nothing but rave reviews. Refinery29.com even went so far as to call the line “the best thing to happen to pants this season.”
The reason for the brand’s success lies with its founders, denim industry vets Tim Kaeding and Lela Tillem, who spent two years developing technologically advanced materials that look like denim but feel as soft as cashmere. Add in leg-lengthening cuts and on-trend prints, and you have a line that’s hard to beat.
Shop Mother Denim on Gilt.com, starting at noon ET on September 29.