Any one who has ever tried on J Brand jeans has become an instant convert to their impeccable fit and on-trend designs. From stars like Angelina Jolie and Eva Longoria to pretty much the entire Gilt staff, a pair of J Brand jeans is a must in any chic girl’s wardrobe. Which is precisely why we are so thrilled to have J Brand denim on Gilt.com, starting at noon on October 4. Before you start shopping (and don’t dally, this is a hot one!), here are five fun facts to know about the brand.
1. Longtime denim innovator Jeff Rudes launched J Brand as a brand with perfect fit at the legendary Ron Herman boutique in LA in 2005, quickly expanding to specialty and department stores all over the globe.
2. J Brand has produced collaborations with top fashion designers, including a Fall 2010 capsule with Proenza Schouler that debuted in their NYC Fashion Week runway show and were the brand’s first jeans ever. J Brand has a continuing collaboration with cutting-edge London designer Christopher Kane. Other collaborations include Henry Duarte, Hussein Chalayan and Topshop.
3. The brand’s celebrity fans are legion, with Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, making frequent public appearances in her 811 skinnies. She even wore them three days in a row during last summer’s trip to Canada!
4. J Brand launched a ready-to-wear apparel collection this past spring, with luxe leathers, sharply tailored separates and more.
5. Another good reason to buy a new pair of J Brand jeans! You can share photos of yourself in J Brand with other fans of the brand on the brand’s innovative social platform, J World!
How many young labels can claim famously chic fans like Miranda Kerr, Cameron Diaz and Rihanna? For L.A.-based Mother Denim, the reaction from both fashionistas and the press alike has been nothing but rave reviews. Refinery29.com even went so far as to call the line “the best thing to happen to pants this season.”
The reason for the brand’s success lies with its founders, denim industry vets Tim Kaeding and Lela Tillem, who spent two years developing technologically advanced materials that look like denim but feel as soft as cashmere. Add in leg-lengthening cuts and on-trend prints, and you have a line that’s hard to beat.
Shop Mother Denim on Gilt.com, starting at noon ET on September 29.
There’s an undeniable crispness in the air once Labor Day sweeps through, bringing the excitement of the fall social whirl, boot shopping and hot toddies with it. So we came up with the perfect weekend outfit that could take you from long, lingering brunches with friends out to afternoons spend striding the city streets looking for those fabulous fall fashions.
Start with the season’s all-important trousers in a bold solid color. Go for denim if you want to be more casual or a heavyweight cotton pant if you want a more polished look. If it’s really getting chilly where you are, you can even look for a lightweight cord.
Read more on how to create the perfect weekend outfit on Stylecaster.com, and then shop the Perfect Outfit: Printed Blouse, Colorful Pants, Pointed-Toe Shoes, & More on Gilt.com, starting at 9 PM ET on September 5.
Jeans may just be the most versatile item in any woman’s wardrobe, but as much as we love to wear our favorite pair over and over, there’s a perfect pair for every occasion.
For work, think dark washes of navy, indigo and black with silhouettes that range from bootcut to wide-leg. A trouser jean is always a great option for the office.
For going out, you can get a little sexy with second-skin, skinny denim with a lower waistband in any color wash — even trendy colored denim can be fantastic for a night of cocktails!
For casual weekend time, go for comfort in distressed washes or looser boyfriend cuts. A patch-pocket front style looks extra adorable with a striped tee for brunch out with friends.
Find your perfect jeans for any occasion in the Gilt.com Denim Guide!