Why do we love dresses? Let us count the ways: They make looking chic easier, getting dressed quicker, and are the perfect way to emphasize any mood. And while a little retail therapy can be fun, finding the right dress can be downright stressful, which is why we’ve expanded our Ultimate Dress Shop to include more categories (from work to special occasions), and made it a permanent destination so you can find just what you need 24/7.
Ladies, it’s a fact: You’re going to need a Little White Dress this summer, and these stylish stars prove how incredibly versatile it can be — whether you’re going for polish in pumps like Rachel Bilson and Beyonce, or opting for a casual weekend look in bright flats like Pippa Middleton. It’s time to score one of your own (starting at just $65!) in today’s Ultimate Dress Shop.
For years, we have all swooned over the flattering, feminine and sexy dresses from the design team behind Costello Tagliapietra. So we are thrilled that they finally introduced a lower-priced line, C&T, this past year, and even more thrilled to have it for the first time on Gilt.com! Read a little more about what makes the brand’s pieces so special, and then shop the sale on Gilt.com starting at noon ET on October 3.
1. The lines are produced by a couple, Jeffrey Costello and Robert Tagliapietra, who have been together for over 15 years and always take their runway bows together.
2. Soon after launching their line for Spring 2005, the duo won the 2005 Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation Award and were finalists for the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund finalist two years running.
3. Both designers are rooted in classic American sportswear — both of their grandmothers worked for famed designer Norman Norell in the 1960s.
4. In 2011, Costello Tagliapietra designed a capsule collection for Uniqlo, with prices ranging from $29-$39!
5. Their signature draping and eco-friendly AirDye technique that are hallmarks of their top line are used throughout the C&T collection. “We didn’t want it to be a typical ‘diffusion line,’ something dumbed-down,” Tagliapietra explained to Luckymag.com in April. “We wanted it to feel just as important as our regular collection, to be thoughtful and beautiful.”
As the days get shorter, the nights get longer — which means the fall social whirl is in full swing! With jam-packed calendars, we don’t have any extra minutes to think about what we’re wearing, which is why we came up with a foolproof outfit for every occasion.
Start with a twirly-girly party dress! Nothing says “festive” like a full skirt, and the style is flattering on almost everyone. Whether you are an LBD kind of girl or prefer to go bold with color, you’ll have a solid base for your outfit. Next, add on a fun clutch with plenty of glitter, stonesm and embellishment. Even if you leave it at your table when you hit the dance floor, it still leaves a touch of style behind!
Read more on Stylecaster.com, and shop The Perfect Outfit on Gilt.com, starting at 9 PM ET on September 19.