Let’s be honest: It already takes some serious coaxing to get you out of your favorite pair of skinnies, so this season you’ll be thrilled to know you’ve got carte blanche to keep the denim streak going — even when dressing up for holiday parties! Flip the script on traditional dress code rules and show off the versatile power of jeans with a few easy styling tricks that take them from basic to bold in a snap. Get inspired by three of our favorite fashion-savvy celebs, and shop a slew of flattering picks for your next fete in our Denim Guide now.
Olivia Palermo: Pair up complementary colors — think rich jewel tones — and pull on a cozy sweater for a look that’s festive and comfy.
Read More >>
Tagged denim, festive denim, festive dress code, festive dressing, festive jeans, gilt denim, holiday denim, holiday dress code, holiday dressing, holiday jeans, holiday party dress code, jeans, new year's eve, new year's eve dress code, nicole richie, olivia palermo, party dress code, party jeans, poppy delevingne
Attention, denim devotees: In celebration of the People StyleWatch 3rd Annual Denim Awards (featured in the October issue), we’ve partnered with the fashion-savvy magazine so you can score some of their winning picks. The top-ranked styles this year include “Best Coated” by AG Adriano Goldschmied (above), as well as “Most Flattering Fit” by J Brand. Plus, we’ve included other must-have pairs that get our stamp of approval: Think distressed Earnest Sewn bootcuts and Current/Elliott skinnies in bold fall colors. Score your winning pair now!
Nothing against the classic blues, but summertime calls for a fresh take on denim. Look to some of your favorite celebs (boasting serious street style cred) for inspiration on how to rock the season’s must-haves: Think white-hot skinnies, playfully printed numbers, and Americana-cool cut-offs. So for all the gals who just can’t live without their jeans — rejoice! — because we’ve rounded up a slew of sunny weather-approved styles to keep your go-to uniform intact. Shop the super-chic picks above, plus dozens more in our Summer Denim Guide today!
Any one who has ever tried on J Brand jeans has become an instant convert to their impeccable fit and on-trend designs. From stars like Angelina Jolie and Eva Longoria to pretty much the entire Gilt staff, a pair of J Brand jeans is a must in any chic girl’s wardrobe. Which is precisely why we are so thrilled to have J Brand denim on Gilt.com, starting at noon on October 4. Before you start shopping (and don’t dally, this is a hot one!), here are five fun facts to know about the brand.
1. Longtime denim innovator Jeff Rudes launched J Brand as a brand with perfect fit at the legendary Ron Herman boutique in LA in 2005, quickly expanding to specialty and department stores all over the globe.
2. J Brand has produced collaborations with top fashion designers, including a Fall 2010 capsule with Proenza Schouler that debuted in their NYC Fashion Week runway show and were the brand’s first jeans ever. J Brand has a continuing collaboration with cutting-edge London designer Christopher Kane. Other collaborations include Henry Duarte, Hussein Chalayan and Topshop.
3. The brand’s celebrity fans are legion, with Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, making frequent public appearances in her 811 skinnies. She even wore them three days in a row during last summer’s trip to Canada!
4. J Brand launched a ready-to-wear apparel collection this past spring, with luxe leathers, sharply tailored separates and more.
5. Another good reason to buy a new pair of J Brand jeans! You can share photos of yourself in J Brand with other fans of the brand on the brand’s innovative social platform, J World!