Image Courtesy of St. Tropez Tanning
Bikini season is back—and so are the sun’s damaging rays. We agree, nothing is sexier than a summer tan, but going outside without SPF 30+ is the ultimate beauty faux pas. Fret not ladies, you can achieve a coveted bronze hue with the magic of sunless tanner. We caught up with St. Tropez tanning guru, Sophie Evans, to share five “golden” rules exclusively with Gilt for our sale launching today at noon ET.
Read More >>
From plummeting temps to a serious lack of humidity, the cold-weather months aren’t exactly your skin’s best friend. Who better than our top beauty brands — from Dr. Brandt to Decleor Paris — to deliver the real scoop on how to stay glowing all season? Check out their can’t-miss tips below and get your hands on some of their most innovative and nourishing products in our Winter Skin Rx sale today.
> “Our best friend during the winter months? Facial oil. It helps speed up the skin’s healing process by creating a barrier over the skin, and rebalances and maintains hydration. Mix it in with your moisturizer, foundation or body lotion for an added boost of nourishment.”
– From the Amore Pacific team
> “Your winter skincare regimen all depends on your skin type, but you should always been sleeping with a humidifier in the room and even have one throughout the home.”
– From Dr. Brandt
Read More >>
Tagged ahava, ahava dead sea minerals, ahava skincare, amore pacific, best skincare tips, caroline chu, decleor, decleor paris, Dr. Brandt, dr. brandt skincare, miracle skin transformer, skincare, skincare products, skincare tips, skincare tips and tricks, skincare tricks, winter skin, winter skincare, winter skincare guide, winter skincare routine, winter skincare tips
In search of the secrets to flawless skin? Us too. So we reached out to Dr. Fredric Brandt — celebrity dermatologist, anti-aging expert, and creator of an award-winning skincare line — for his tips on staying wrinkle-free for as long as possible. And while these may not be obvious, like drinking lots of water and avoiding the sun (both of which are also very important), they are definitely worth considering.
Dr. Brandt says:
1. Avoid drinking through straws: This automatically causes pursing around the mouth, which leads to upper-lip wrinkles, which can become very tough to treat.
2. Sleep on your back or switch sides during the night: Pressure-induced wrinkles caused from lying on one side for a long period of time can be permanent.
3. Check your smile: Many people inadvertently pull down the corners of their mouths when they smile. Over time, this will contribute to the formation of marionette lines. Keep a mirror handy so you can see how your mouth moves and try to correct it.
Got it? Follow these tips and score his award-winning anti-aging products like Lines No More, Time Arrest Crème, and more on Gilt today.
If Kate Somerville‘s A-list fan club (Jessica Alba, Debra Messing) isn’t enough to convince you of her skincare products’ prowess, perhaps her own glowing complexion can. She’s a pioneer in the world of medical spa treatments, and now you can get the same effects at home, thanks to the Kate Somerville sale on Gilt today. We caught up with her to get her best tips for caring for your skin.
1. There are just three easy steps to gorgeous skin. Exfoliate, hydrate and moisturize! After the summer, skin is dehydrated, and needs extra attention. Following these three steps will put the love back into your skin.
2. When I’m traveling, I steep green tea bags and put two metal spoons on ice. Then, I apply the tea bags over my eye area for ten minutes. After I remove the tea bags, I apply Line Release Eye Cream, then massage around my eye area with the cold spoons. This trick instantly reduces puffiness.
3. The best advice I’ve ever been given was by Barbara Wells, the most inspirational woman I’ve ever known. She told me I had a choice in life, and I was in control of my destiny. She empowered me to take action and live how I wanted to live. There is such a connection between our emotional and physical self. Our skin reflects what’s going on in our heads and our hearts. Healthy, beautiful skin is a result of a healthy spirit, body and mind. When you feel good about yourself and your path, you will be radiant.
Shop Kate Somerville skincare essentials now!