Barely-there bikinis are a dime a dozen at the beach, which means the Bettie Page-inspired bombshell will definitely steal the spotlight in the surf. Dial it back a few decades and get in on the ultra-hot trend that’s making serious waves this summer: Pin-up-style swimwear. Covering up never looked so sexy, thanks to high-waisted cuts and clever ruching that draw attention to the teeniest part of your waist, creating hourglass curves to rival those cheeky Vargas girl paintings. Eco-friendly brand Jungle Gurl serves up made-to-flatter suits for every body type, including the chic Ali Bikini Set and the Laila One-Piece Swimsuit here. And lest you think you’re headed toward Pleasantville territory, keep things fresh and modern with slick metal shades, colored sun hats, and a classic red lip (Taylor Swift and Rihanna show you how it’s done).
Shop these retro picks and more must-have silhouettes in our sale today.
Tagged beach, bettie page, jungle gurl, one-piece suit, pin-up, pin-up girl, retro bikini, retro one-piece suit, retro swimsuit, rihanna, summer, swimsuits, swimwear, taylor swift, vargas girl
Whether you dread it or embrace it, swimsuit season is here – and to help you find the best one for your body, we asked top swimwear designer Lisa Curran to share her expert tips and tricks. “It’s the least amount of fabric you wear in public and it should fit flawlessly,” says Curran, who started her line in 1997 after one too many fit frustrations of her own. “You have to go with what works for you,” she says. “We are not all built the same, nor do we have the same skin tone, so be careful of trying to follow the trends.”
And to help determine what that is for you, here are a few tricks to…
Enhance a small bust: “Ruffles are a pretty and feminine way to enhance your bust. Plus, triangle tops and tops with a little padding will help.”
Flatter your midsection: “Choose a suit with shirring at the sides or one with details that draw the eyes upward: A print, different coloring, or embellishments on the neckline or shoulder straps.”
Fake longer legs: “Go with a bottom that’s higher cut on the sides and one without too much coverage in the seat area.”
Bonus tip! Before trying on any suit, Curran says hitting the salon for a simple mani-pedi and bikini wax goes a long way in helping you feel ready when it’s time to peel off the layers.
Shop our Lisa Curran sale and find your perfect swimsuit now!
The holidays call for plenty of parties and family time, but don’t you deserve to escape for fun? We have the perfect pieces to take with you, whether your pleasure is a tropical beach or snowy slopes. Here’s our faves, and shop everything for your vacation, from sandals to parkas in our Winter Getaways event!
For the Beach
1) Everyone needs a teeny-tiny bikini: Lisa Curran Python Print Bikini, Top, $49, and Bottom, $49
2) Who says one-pieces can’t be sexy?: Mikoh Galapogos String Side Swimsuit, $99
3) Whittle your waist with a slimming maillot: SpanxSwim Belted Bandeau, $99
4) Add a pop of color: Malia Mills Adjustable Triangle Top, $72
5) Cover up in style!: Basta Surf Silk Printed Beach Pant, $89
For the Slopes
1) Get cozy in the perfect ski jacket: Marker Crescent Insulated Jacket, $139
2) Swoosh in style with the perfect ski pant: Marker Betty Pants, $99
3) Put your best boot forward: Candela Shiloh Wedge Bootie, $119
4) Tuck your essentials in a tote: Pour la Victoire Butler Duffle, $249
5) Warm up by the fire in a cozy knit: Avaleigh Reindeer Cardigan, $79