La Perla is one of those brands that never fails to remind you of all that luxe lingerie is meant to be: Sexy, flattering, and effortlessly indulgent. In honor of our sale on beautiful La Perla bras, panties, robes, and more, we thought, What better time to revisit the things we love most about the brand? Read on for five things to know about the time-honored Italian brand, and then shop La Perla Lingerie on Friday, June 8, at noon ET, on Gilt.com.
1. La Perla was launched in 1954 as a small Bologna boutique run by Ada Masotti, an artisan trained in crafting exquisite, traditional Italian corsetry.
2. In 1971, La Perla expanded into beachwear with a luxurious line of couture-inspired designs. The same year, they introduced the first model of their famed triangle bras, worked into the design of a silk nightgown. The first line of La Perla fragrances was launched in 1986.
3. To this day, La Perla is singular among its couture lingerie peers for its use of impeccably sourced, Italian fabrics.
4. The luxurious lingerie line is the subject of a forthcoming gorgeous art book, La Perla: Lingerie & Seduction, packed with beautiful archival images and modern-day shots of the latest collections.
5. La Perla has boutiques all over the world — Paris Milan, New York, Beverly Hills, Hong Kong, and Beyond.