Gilt.com & Katie Couric Celebrate The Traveling Red Dress

Are you familiar with the story of The Traveling Red Dress? Originally conceived by Jenny Lawson of The Bloggess as a metaphor for reclaiming her self-confidence and indulging secret whims — which took the form of donning an impractical red ballgown just, well, because — The Red Dress has since blossomed into a global movement.

Lawson’s custom-made dress has since traversed the globe and been modeled by countless women looking for a jolt of the extraordinary. Because we love anything that encourages women to embrace their inner beauty queens, Gilt joined Jenny on Katie Couric’s new daytime show Katie, which aired today, and gave red dresses to everyone in the audience. We even gave Katie a red Ava & Aiden sheath to wear on the show and she looked fabulous! And since we’d hate for our members to miss out on the magic, we’re also hosting a fabulous sale on some of our favorite dresses of the moment — all in various shades of red, of course.

Click here to shop The Little Red Dress sale on Gilt.com on Thursday, September 12 at noon ET — and don’t forget to tell your friends!

85 Responses to Gilt.com & Katie Couric Celebrate The Traveling Red Dress

how do I get the rde dress?

Thanks, Katie…No plus sizes on GILT.
    Left out again.

i know like a red dress been depressed since my husband pass away might pick up mood

I have had two strokes and now has eplisey I need a red dress to make me feel better.

how can I get a RED DRESS of courage!

Hi Katie,how can I get red dress?

Love today’s show.

Rosa

Does anyone know how to get a free red dress?

I have been unemployed for 9mos. I can’t find work. I have a college degree. I fight depression everyday. I think maybe if I put on the red dress I might be able to get a new look on life. So I’d love wear the red dress.

I would like to get a free red dress and see if it would lift my spirits. I have been depressed for way to long. The only problem is I don’t have anyone to take pistures. I’m so alone. I don’t have the funds to hire a photographer. I’m on disability and have nothing left after paying my bills.

hi katie i would like a red dress of curage i found your show so inspiring i would like to know how to get one

Katie:
    I would like to have a red dress to experience the joy that the young ladies expressed on your show today
    Everybody need to be uplifted at some point in this life.

Margie

Hi Katie today’s show was just what I needed to help inspire me. I would love to put on a red dress how can I sign up to get one of those free red dresses you are giving away ? God Bless you for today’s show and God Bless those women who had the courage to put on that red dress.

Dee, [email protected]

Hello Katie,

I have been enjoying all your shows this week and see you differently from an agressive news woman of the past to a casual smiling host of your own personal show for ABC. Keep up the good work! Thanks too for the great story of the Red Dress. God Bless You! Mary Jane of Houston TX 9-13-12

I would love to give a red dress of courage to my daughter, Julie, who took charge when I needed a heart transplant 15+ years ago. Without her quick decision and following, I would not have gotten the medical help I needed. She has since had difficulties with stress and I think it would perk her up! I am still doing very very well and working on my 16th year. I walk this year at the American Heart Association’s heart walk in Kaiser Santa Clara where I am followed in October 13th.

Marsha Koehler
    [email protected]

Like everyone else I was looking how to obtain a red dress?

Hi Katie, I watched your show for the first time today. I can related to so much of all these women’s storys. Would love to get that amazing Red Dress of Courage!

Hi Kaite, I watched your show today about the travling red dress and tears came to my eyes. I am a plus size woman and have always felt as though I dont deserve to have anything nice until I loose the weight. And it hit me that I am enough right now and I do deserve everything great. So, I would love to have Red dress as I am now, to celebrate me. Thank you
    [email protected]

Love to have a red dress to match my new body. lost 128 lbs. i want to feel powerful. slb927462aol.com

A RED dress !!! How exciting to own one again ! I havent had a red dress to fit me since the birth of my daughter ( which was a very impowering time in itself ) and that was 18 years ago since that I’ve lost me in the process this sounds like just what i need to get back to beautiful Please show me the way to 1 of the 500 red dresses your offering !!!!!! [email protected] Thanks for great inspirational shows ! I’ve watched them all !!! Karen

Any dresses for seniors, would love to have one a little below the knee. bernwi63@yahoo. How do I get the free one. Red does light me up.

Yes, I think it is very interesting that all four women on the show were plus size and not one plus size dress available on gilt.com –HOW RUDE! I second the comment "once again left out".

I would love a red dress. hwyhoneygirl@yahoo.com

It would be nice to be able to find the website that these dresses are to be one so that we are able to get the dresses. anonymous

Would could use a red dress of courage!! Caught tonights show & loved it =0)

I have fibromylgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and heart problems,and been fighting severe pain for years Seen the show I was so inspired by the woman with there courage! Would love to know where to get the free red dress!

Saw your show at 1;00 am, thank a a lot that it was shown at that time, today.
    If a red dress from you and Gilt will remind me that there are still reasons to have the courage to live, then , I would be very glad if you could send me one if there is still one available so I could wear it,go and have fun have pictures outdoors taken, too and just drown myself with fun doing so. Your show enlightened me that I have to think of myself now, for myself, and give more importance to people who truly care for me and not let my love for one person who does not seem to care at all,ruin my relationship with the rest of the world.
    I already did many times showed how I love this person, but, never enough….

How do I sign up for Free Red Dress?????

Wow! Katie! This "Red Dress" idea is amazing and uplifting for all of us women! :D. I am going through chemotherapy for Breast Cancer and what a great and simple way to make a positive change! I love it!

I tried to complete the application but the site must be having issues……guess not for me!

I want a red dress for empowering women. I got on the website at 12 PM sharp and filled out my form and it would not go thru. Your server was not working. : ( I really wanted a RED Dress to wear to go along with my job of Empowering Women. How can I still get one?

[email protected]
    Laurel Baker – Bothell, WA

I am a young 83 year old sassy woman and would love to own a new sexy red dress. How do I get one?
    I cashier for a Senior Center Dance and it would be lovely to show up wearing a red dress from Katie.
    Marie Granados

I would Love for my daughter to have some spirit like she had before her marriage. She’s 23 and going though a divorce and has 3 sons and works part-time and trying to get her GED. She’s top in her class ‘she really treys so hard and don’t go out to enjoy life. I try to be there for her and so proud of her. She has her husband she separated from and can’t afford the divorce yet he always putting her down on everything she does. I just want her to know she is a good person and still can enjoy life cause he is. She’s to young to be an old maid.

I am 56 and was very moved by the show for a few reasons one is I too have been going through a tough time…out of work and struggling with a disability and having a difficult time realizing I need to go on disability….. I’d rather not mention my other issues…BUT I really would LOVE a RED DRESS Thanks in advance!!!!!! size 14 thank you

Hi Katie,

I saw the Traveling Red Dress show. I would really love a free red dress! How can I get one? Red is my favorite color!! Loved the story and your show is a fresh change of energy. Thanks!!

Glenda@ggblispublishingkv@yahoo.com

Hi Katie Now that I am retired I have time to watch your show. I.loved the red dress story. I my getting ready to celebrate my anniversay of 45 years to the love of my life. I would love to be wearing a sexy red dress on that special evening. Could you please tell me how I can have that sexy red dress. My E-mail address is [email protected] I hope to hear back from you.
    Sandy

37. Pingback: Tumi Luggage Bags – Elegance and Reliability Encapsulated | luggage and briefcases, briefcases and bags, designer luggage and bags

Katie: I watched you show for the first time and loved what I saw. I was feeling rather down because I am going through chemo and was feeling sick and sad but the story of those four women brought me hope and courage. I, too would like to get one of those free red dresses.
    [email protected]

Thank you for my red dress!

40. Lindsay says:

Cool red dress

Hi Katie, I sent an e-mail to your show asking if all of the 200 red dresses were distributed that gilt offered. I never heard back and wondered if you received my e-mail? I do understsand you must have received tons of letters but thought I would like to ask and see if I get a response to this post. Thanks so much. Wishing you a Blessed Day! Janice Johnston

42. Pingback: My Homepage

43. Pingback: Your Questions About Exercises For Tummy Fat For Women | Lose Fat On Stomach

Burnyeat? Put the marchers back on the train because of
    [url=http://www.adecco.gr/el-gr/head.asp?id=46]burberry brit quilted down jacket[/url]