Any one who has ever tried on J Brand jeans has become an instant convert to their impeccable fit and on-trend designs. From stars like Angelina Jolie and Eva Longoria to pretty much the entire Gilt staff, a pair of J Brand jeans is a must in any chic girl’s wardrobe. Which is precisely why we are so thrilled to have J Brand denim on Gilt.com, starting at noon on October 4. Before you start shopping (and don’t dally, this is a hot one!), here are five fun facts to know about the brand.
1. Longtime denim innovator Jeff Rudes launched J Brand as a brand with perfect fit at the legendary Ron Herman boutique in LA in 2005, quickly expanding to specialty and department stores all over the globe.
2. J Brand has produced collaborations with top fashion designers, including a Fall 2010 capsule with Proenza Schouler that debuted in their NYC Fashion Week runway show and were the brand’s first jeans ever. J Brand has a continuing collaboration with cutting-edge London designer Christopher Kane. Other collaborations include Henry Duarte, Hussein Chalayan and Topshop.
3. The brand’s celebrity fans are legion, with Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, making frequent public appearances in her 811 skinnies. She even wore them three days in a row during last summer’s trip to Canada!
4. J Brand launched a ready-to-wear apparel collection this past spring, with luxe leathers, sharply tailored separates and more.
5. Another good reason to buy a new pair of J Brand jeans! You can share photos of yourself in J Brand with other fans of the brand on the brand’s innovative social platform, J World!