Behind the Scenes: Styling the Gilt Television Commercial

“That’s a good look,” she says, changing quickly in the back of a cab. A quick succession of gorgeous styles, filled with designer looks for less from head-to-toe. Knowing that our first television commercial for Gilt.com would put the spotlight directly on the amazing styles we feature on the site gave us the opportunity to think about the key looks that our customers love. So we broke down her busy life into four distinct looks — and here’s how we did it! Watch the Gilt.com television commercials here, and shop the looks of the commercials here.

BRUNCH
Brunch is an institution among chic New Yorkers (hello, Carrie and friends!), and getting dressed for it is a bigger decision than mimosas vs. bloody marys. We all gravitated quickly towards the idea of a great skinny jean and a trench — the street style-approved, weekend uniform. Bold pops of color take the look up a notch, with a fabulously printed scarf and bold pink pumps. A neutral tote and an easy ponytail finish the look.

WORK
Who says you have to look stuffy at the office? We love celebrating the idea of a woman who is as stylish as she is powerful. The leopard sheath dress anchors the look with a slim and sexy silhouette, but is balanced by the more traditional black tote and pumps. A red car coat adds a burst of color (also, red and leopard are a classic combo for a reason) while a dusting of jewelry is the final bit of polish.

LADIES’ NIGHT
Cool, sexy, sophisticated…the Gilt.com women turns heads at the club with her It-girl instincts. A leather pant is a must-have this season and a cutting edge take on the skinny jean. Sparkle is always good for a night out, but a louche lamĂ© top under a white blazer is an unexpected twist. A fun minaudiere with chains adds rock ‘n’ roll edge. Paging Ms. Moss, anyone?

COCKTAIL PARTY
What to wear on that big hot date? A body-conscious dress in a stand-out color. Bold purple shows confidence while glittery sandals are a playful touch that shows you don’t take yourself too seriously. Major earrings draw attention to a gorgeous face, while leaving the neckline seductively bare.

Watch the Gilt.com television commercials here, and shop the look of our Taxi spot here.

9 Responses to Behind the Scenes: Styling the Gilt Television Commercial

I really want those black shoes from the gilt commercial. How do I find them?? Please help me :)

I want the white ones. Smh

Yes!!! Me too! Does anyone know the brand of the black shoes??

I want the black pair so bad!!! Someone please help…

I just called Gilt after looking at every shoe on their website and I was told by the representative that those shoes in the showdown commercial were just for the commercial and they don’t have those shoes and don’t know if they ever will. He also could not tell me the brand of the shoes or anything.

I told him alot of women may be in my position and will go to the website or call them specifically because of the attractive shoes in that commercial, thinking they are advertising things the company actually sells. This is misleading and because of that I am not interested in doing business with Gilt. They have turned me off.

Me too its my birtbday and I washoping to get those s does a a gift to myself.

Yes, I asked SHOEBUNNY.COM, and she was nice enough to clue me in. They are *drumroll* Sergio Rossi Studded Lizard Leather Sandals from 2010. There is one pair on ebay right now…but it sux, as they are a size 8 and I wear a 7. Anyway, there you have it. And good luck to you, the lucky girl with a size 8 foot! :-)

I want those black shoes too and so does 3 of my friends! I have to have those shoes. The black ones look better than the white ones.

I want the white ones….with the slingback