When it comes to dressing up in something whimsical and feminine, the fashion set know to turn to designer Stacey Bendet and her much-loved label, Alice + Olivia.
Launched in 2002 on the basis of a distinctively flattering pair of striped bell bottoms (nicknamed “Staceypants”), the NYC-based brand continues to cater to those with a flair for fun and who aren’t afraid of a little color! What makes Alice + Olivia so extra-special? Here are five reasons we’re totally obsessed:
- Stacey Bendet infuses each collection with a sense of her unique personal style, along with influences from some of her favorite people, including her mother and her best girlfriends.
- Celebrity fans go crazy for the brand’s bold pops of color and retro-chic silhouettes (who wouldn’t?). Style icons like Gwyneth Paltrow and Sarah Jessica Parker are devotees, plus a pack of trendsetting starlets, including Lauren Conrad, Nikki Reed, and Selena Gomez.
- Every season holds something fresh and edgy for A + O lovers to look forward to, from casual day-to-night essentials in the label’s Base Collection to sleek, asymmetrical jumpsuits to a revival of the pants that started it all.
- Bendet is a true social media maven! Follow her on Twitter and Instagram or check out the Alice + Olivia blog for vintage fashion images, inspirational artwork, and cute daily outfit shots from the designer herself!
- And get excited — a head-to-toe look will finally be yours when the brand launches its must-have handbag collection. Of course, superfan Paltrow was the first to be spotted toting not one, but two stylish black-and-white carryalls at LAX. We can’t wait to get our hands on those!
Shop Alice + Olivia on Gilt.com on January 28, starting at noon ET. And sign up here to be the first to learn about exclusive sales, get behind-the-scenes access, and receive $50 off your next purchase of $250 or more.