The fashion world’s most in-demand hair stylist—Redken Creative Consultant Guido—creates insanely covetable looks for designers like Marc Jacobs, Valentino, and Prada each season, and now, he’s working his magic exclusively for Gilt. We’ve teamed up with Redken to show you how to get four of summer’s hottest no-fuss hairstyles, and the perfect wardrobe to pair with each. Get the step-by-step, then shop the sale and score a free gift with your purchase of $50 or more.
Look #1: Boyish Charm
– Apply Redken Guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam to dry hair from roots to ends and comb through until hair is completely saturated.
– Divide hair into two sections (top and bottom) in the back. Make three or four parts if hair is very thick.
– Clip the bottom section down and out of the way, and then using a finishing brush; start to brush the top section flat against the head, following the round of the head in one direction. Repeat this with each section, making sure it’s very clean and neat-looking when finished.
– Blow dry hair until completely dry. Apply Redken Control Addict 28 high hold hairspray and then place wig cap on so it completely covers the head.
– Once the wig is secure, apply Redken Forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to add texture.
Look #2: Classically Romantic
– On freshly shampooed hair, start by using Redken Guts 10 volume spray foam to give hair more texture and volume.
– Use a medium sized barrel tong throughout the top of the head to create loose disheveled curls.
– Flip the head upside down and spritz Redken Wax Blast 10 high impact finishing spray wax into the root area and roughly through the ends.
– Take the hair over to one side and make a loose, slightly messy braid and secure with a clear elastic.
– Finish with Redken Quick Dry 18 instant finishing spray.
Look #3: Done and Undone
– On freshly shampooed hair, use a small amount of Redken All Soft Argan 6 Oil and blow dry hair with a large round brush.
– Make a low rough side part, sweep the hair over to one side at the back of the head and secure with an elastic.
– Wrap the length of the hair around the base to form a messy knot and let the ends fall out.
– Secure with large U-pins and add a little Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine for extra shine.
Look #4: Sleek and Simple
– Wash hair with color extend shampoo and condition with color extend conditioner.
– Apply Redken Guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam all over on damp hair.
– Using a blow dryer, rough dry hair.
– Create a deep side part with your finger.
– Tuck hair behind ears and secure with a pin.
Visit redken.com to find Guido’s favorite Redken products at a salon near you.