Introducing Gilt.com’s Fall Makeover

Here at Gilt.com, we think change is good. And with fall in full-swing (and shopping for our new fall wardrobes along with it!) we didn’t want our beloved site to feel left out. With that in mind, we’re giving Gilt.com a major fall makeover we think you’re going to love. In addition to a gorgeous updated look coming in the next few weeks, we’ll be making exciting changes to make your shopping experience better than ever. We’re rolling it out slowly to make sure it’s perfect, so if you’re not seeing it now, you will soon — and we know you’re going to love it!

So what can you expect to see? Bigger images, faster shopping, and improved navigation to our sister sites, for starters. You can also now “favorite” the labels you love most, and add Gilt.com sales to your calendar with the click of a button. And if you like a more leisurely pace for shopping than our 36 hour sale events, make sure to check out our new Shops. Chock-full of great outfit ideas, wardrobe essentials and trends you’ll want to wear, Shops will offer our fabulous members the chance to shop over a longer period of time. But still no promises that we won’t sell out quickly!

And don’t worry: You’ll still be able to enjoy all the functions you know and love, like previewing sales on Facebook and filtering sales according to your preferences, and we’ll still be bringing you all the best brands at up to 60% off.

We hope you enjoy the new Gilt.com as much as we do! As always, everything we do is with our members in mind, so if you have any feedback—good or bad; we can take it!—shoot us an email at [email protected]

Love,
Gilt.com

25 Responses to Introducing Gilt.com’s Fall Makeover

1. Emily says:

I prefer the black color scheme (background), and layout that Gilt previously have . It gives an edge and great shopping experience.

2. Bree says:

Here is what I don’t like why is it that when the boutiques open some items are instantly sold out or reserved? Is there a preferred list or something?

3. Cecilia says:

I concur with Bree’s comments.

4. Cheryl says:

I also agree with Bree and Cecilia.

5. Martine says:

I miss the black already, it was sleek! Now the site looks like every other shopping site :(

6. Paty says:

I agree with Martine. No likey!

7. Xinyi says:

New look is very difficult to see, and it is really a test for my eyes…I miss the black one so much..

8. Xinyi says:

I am wondering whether there is a way to change the background into the old black one. I know my friend still uses the old one. That is much more comfortable.

9. Xinyi says:

Is there a way to change into the old one?

10. Michele says:

I do believe in change, however this "makeover" seems to have missed the mark. You’ve taken a very sophisticated, sleek look and made it ordinary. Bring back the black!

11. Kira says:

im all for updates but the new site is awful. i lived by gilt and havent oreded anything since the change. it feels chaotic now. please chane back. if its not broke…

12. Jennifer says:

The new typeface for the logo is heinous also. Sorry to say it. I’ve loved this site from moment one. The new look is bland and unfocused. This is not improved UX by any means.

13. Lisa says:

l like the old black sleek site SO MUCH MORE.
    This not only doesn’t feel updated… it feels like I’m at Overstock, Rue La La or any other shopping web site.
    Please go back, it was much easier on the eyes.

14. Sarah says:

I prefer the old black scheme much better. it’s sleeker – gives a more luxuirious feel. I would revert back to that. This all white setup is so similar to so many other websites out there..

15. Zoe says:

This upgrade is a visual downgrade. Your site was attractive and forward looking, and now it’s boring and difficult to read.

I no longer enjoy coming to this site and will buy less.

16. Evelyn says:

It DOES look a lot like Rue La La, now that you mention it. And I too vastly prefer the old background.. this one is very bright and generic-looking, like walking into a fluorescent-lit department store rather than an intimate boutique, like before. Also liked the more-comprehensive day-by-day list of upcoming sales at the bottom.

Just not as much fun to come now.. *sigh*

17. BonBon says:

Like the return email & tracking functions pretty much! Keep up the good work, Gilt!

18. Cassandra says:

Honestly, the black background with the stationary images was so much easier to navigate. I do like the roll over option to add things to cart. In the eternal words of Amy Winehouse, bring us " Back to black"

19. Chelsea says:

I don’t like that you removed the matrix/calendar of upcoming sales. To view them only by day is more tedious–it’s easier when it’s just THERE at the bottom of the page.

I also agree the site was nice black.

20. Emily says:

I liked the black way better! Please bring it back!

The light color isn’t as chic and hurts the eyes! It makes it harder to focus on the items themselves.

Also I have the same problem as Bree, I go to a sale as soon as it opens and everything is already reserved of sold out.

21. Meredith says:

Yeah, the white/rollover is not only plain, it’s annoying.

The black was lovely and unique and very distinctive. Please please please bring it back.

22. Lily says:

PLEASE set back the black look, this new "make-over" now makes Gilt feel like a "Me-Too" website that’s trying to look like its competitors, ie. Beyond the Racks, etc. and it should NOT be!! This is not a step forward but a huge leap backwards, PLEASE BRING BACK THE BLACK!

23. Lily says:

In addition to the background color, the new layout seems way too busy and I miss the calendar spread at bottom of the page, you used to be able to quickly scan ahead upcoming sales through the next 3 days whereas now you can only see the sale list one day at a time…which makes it less efficient and less memorable. The "Sales Ends…" notations are also gone from the current sales, which makes it more difficult for me to judge how much time I have before making a purchase…

On the other hand, high-fives to adding your international shipping, it’s about time!! and my expat friends are absolutely ecstatic!

24. Brandon says:

The recent $138 million Gilt raised in its May financing round could of been used for more unique marketing channels like a pop-up shop or taking a handful of real shoppers curating products as a monthly special would of been more different and in tune with Gilt’s forward thinking vision.

Instead this unoriginal and uninspiring cosmetic change (the lighter scheme reducing time spend browsing) just screams MYHABIT.

25. Millie says:

I havent ordered anything since the change…… it feels chaotic now….very confusing and hard to navigate for an older shopper like me ….please bring back the old black scheme like before! Also miss the more-comprehensive day-by-day list of upcoming sales at the bottom.