Description: Mangocita, 2010:
- Seven color silkscreen print by Katherine Bernhardt
- Printed on 100% archival 350 gsm Coventry Rag paper
- From an edition of 100
- Signed and numbered by the artist
- Includes framing instructions
- Ships in a protective tube
- Print measures 27 inches by 40 inches
- Printed in 2010
Katherine Bernhardt paints portraits of women, celebrities and pop-culture icons, often drawing her inspiration from ad campaigns in fashion magazines. Her style could best be deemed Pop Expressionist, with her work marked by muscular brush strokes, abstract lines and the occasional sprinkle of glitter. Since receiving her MFA from New York's School of Visual Arts, the St. Louis, Missouri, native has shown in galleries throughout the U.S., Europe and the Middle East; she has also produced store installations for fashion brands Chanel and Miss Sixty. She lives and works in Brooklyn, New York.
This exclusive piece was created for Gilt members in partnership with Art & Advisory.
Material: 100% cotton archival paper
Brand: Art & Advisory
Origin: United States