Description:Please note that we cannot guarantee delivery of this item in time for Christmas
Couple of Minks, 2010:
- Color photograph by up-and-coming artist Michelle Elzay
- Image of two mink furs evokes luxury, history, glamour, and turns the still life genre into an index of possessions and personal history
- Mounted and framed
- Printed on archival Ilford silk paper
- Signed and numbered by the artist
- Includes a certificate of authenticity, framing recommendations from the artist and an artist biography
- Print measures 20 inches square
- Printed in 2010
Michelle's work has an interesting relationship to still life. She uses many of the formal conventions of the field in terms of staging objects and birds, but the work has both a forensic and a personal quality. Here, she photographs her grandmother's minks and china set, as well as her own childhood stuffed animals.
This exclusive piece was created for Gilt members in partnership with Art & Advisory.
Brand: Art & Advisory
Origin: United States