Penguin Paradox, 2010:
- 13 color silkscreen print by artist Brock Enright
- Printed on 100% archival 350 gsm Coventry Rag paper
- Inspired by the film March of the Penguins and Michelangelo's Creation of Adam
- From an edition of 75
- Signed and numbered by the artist
- Includes framing instructions
- Print measures 24 inches by 18 inches
- Printed in 2010
Brock Enright is admired across the contemporary art world for his ability to create striking images, sculptures, and films that jar us out of the boredom of everyday life. Taking his inspiration from varied sources such as movies, art history, extreme sports, and heavy metal music, Enright often juxtaposes disparate elements to create images wherein the classical coexists with the uncanny. Suggesting relationships beyond the obvious, Enright's drawings and photos typically have modern, humorous, or mysterious sensibilities. Since receiving his MFA from Columbia University in 2001, Enright has shown in a number of prestigious groups shows and festivals, and has also had solo exhibitions in Berlin, London, and New York City. He is also the subject of the award-winning documentary film Brock Enright: Good Times Will Never Be The Same (2009). Enright lives with his family in Brooklyn, New York.
This exclusive piece was created for Gilt members in partnership with Art & Advisory.
Material: 100% cotton archival paper
Brand: Art & Advisory
Origin: United States