- Silk organza strapless dress
- Pleated panel detail at bodice, ruffle trim at waistline, side slash pockets, interior boning, silicone strip for support
- Fully lined with a lace scalloped hemline
- Hidden back zipper with hook and eye closure
- 36 inches from bust to hemline; Measurements were taken from a size 40
- Model's height is 5 feet 11 inches; bust 34 inches; waist 25 inches; hips 35 inches
Shell: 100% Silk; Trim 73% Cotton, 27% Nylon; Lining: 52% Acetate, 48% Cupro
The name Christian Lacroix has long been synonymous with cutting-edge couture. The French designer’s childhood fascination with opulent historical fashions is reflected in the extravagantly jeweled creations he began showcasing in his Paris design house, launched in 1987. Hand-sewn details, riotous pattern mixes and modern interpretations of folkloric influences define Lacroix’s unforgettable wedding dresses, shoes, and other designs, which are always a step or two ahead of the crowd. (For example, Lacroix was first designer to unveil the pouf skirt, which has since made numerous returns to the runway.) In recent years Christian Lacroix has partnered with Avon to create fragrances like the popular Rouge perfume for women and Noir for men. In 2011, he collaborated with the Spanish clothing line Desigual — bringing joy to the many fashionistas who can't quite afford his pricier creations.