Hover over image to zoom
- Return Policy
- This item is final sale and non-returnable.
Newton Prep Master Cutting Board:
- Made of solid Northern Hard Rock Maple
- Edge grain construction
- Both sides of board can be used
- Juice groove and removable pan
- Boos Block Cream finish with beeswax coating
- Measures 18 inches square by 2¼ inches in height, weighs 23 pounds
- Hand wash only
This item cannot be delivered to P.O. Boxes or A.P.O. and F.P.O. addresses.
Brand: John Boos
Origin: United States
Conrad Boos founded this kitchen-products company — named after his son, John — in Effingham, Illinois, in 1887. A blacksmith by trade, Conrad preferred to straighten horseshoes on sycamore tree blocks that he had a local mill create, as he found the wood absorbed the shock of his hammer. The town butcher noticed this innovation and asked for a similar block for his meat market. Thus farriery gave way to food service, and now John Boos makes kitchen supplies for chefs like Charlie Trotter and Food Network stars Mario Batali and Emeril Lagasse. Butcher blocks are still on the menu, but the company also offers cutting boards, carts, compartment sinks and bar stools in food service-grade stainless steel and, where appropriate, northern hard rock maple.