Description: LittleCollector- Contemporary Art for Kids!
Secret Identity is a series of paintings each representing a plastic model of a famous superhero contained in a clear polythene carrier bag. Superheroes are icons of power whose comic book and film adventures see them engaged in epic battles across the universe, yet these mythic figures have another life as mere consumer objects. Placed in their bags they are robbed of their enormous power yet despite this reduction they remain irresistible in their cartoonish pride.
- Limited edition framed print
- Includes an authenticity card with the title, edition number, and artist's signature
- Printed using archival, gallery quality-inkjet pigments on 100% cotton rag paper printed in the USA
- Frame features an acrylic front, acid-free white mat with taped backing
- Ready to hang with all hardware included
- A percentage of all sales goes to RxArt, a NYC based non-profit that puts art in children's hospitals
- Size: 20" x 24" (print), 26" x 30" (frame)
Frame details: All prints arrive in LittleCollector's custom white frames. Our frames are fully archival, and include Plexiglas fronts to prevent breakage. Lastly, all frames arrive in a bespoke box, with hanger and nail included.
ABOUT: LittleCollector is committed to inspiring the next generation of art lovers through the presentation of accessible contemporary art. They believe that viewing art is an essential part of childhood and fundamental creative experience. Many of LittleCollector's artist collaborators are not only represented by major galleries, but are also featured in permanent collections at major museums such as the Met, Guggenheim, and MOMA.
Born in 1966, Simon Mon's early love of drawing and painting eventually resulted in a career as a college lecturer in Art History. After 20 years in education he decided it was time to return to painting and now works full time in his studio. Since Simon started to show his work, he's exhibited at the Royal Academy of Arts and the Courtauld Institute in London as well as many galleries and museums in the UK, Europe and the USA. His passions for both painting and comics have always run in parallel and now, in the 'Secret Identity' series he has managed to bring them together.
Material: 100% cotton rag paper archival print, acrylic
Care: Wipe with a dry cloth
Origin: United States