Share Gilt and Get $30 Off For You and Your Friends!
10 Things To Know About… Marco Bicego
Marco Bicego is world-renowned for his elegant, modern fine jewelry, which combines organic stones and beautifully worked gold. We went to the designer himself to find out what makes him tick. His answers are as charming as he is!
1. I’m from Vicenza, Italy – the gold capital of the world.
2. On the weekends I like to go to the beach or the mountains, depending on my mood. I just bought a new home on the beach in Venice, Italy. It’s a 45-minute drive – so easy!
3. My designs are often inspired by my surroundings: architecture, culture and people. I love being in a new place where I can take it all in.
4. I live in Armani. My personal style is simple with a European flair. I dress very casually, yet elegantly. I wear jeans almost all the time!
5. I love classic films.
6. My favorite drink is Franciacorta – it's Italian sparkling wine from the Veneto region (where I am from).
7. My single favorite piece of jewelry for a woman to wear is a great long necklace. It can transform an outfit and take it from day to night. I love that a long necklace can be worn a variety of different ways and can be styled based on the client who is wearing it.
8. My personal motto is “Everyday Luxury.”
9. I play on a soccer team every week – midfield position. I enjoy dinner and beers with my friends after each practice/games. Keeps me young!
10. I love mushrooms and go hunting for them during truffle season in the mountains by my home in Asiago, Italy.
Read More on Gilt Insider...