Five Things to Know About... Me & Ro
Hand-crafted in New York City’s fashionable Tribeca neighborhood, Me&Ro Jewelry is jewelry you can wear with a clear conscience. Founded by Robin Renzi, the company uses only conflict-free rubies, opals, brown diamonds, and other gemstones, and all of its gold, silver, and platinum is 100% recycled. Me&Ro’s antique Tibetan coral line features earrings, rings, bracelets, bangles and necklaces made from vintage coral bought from reputable dealers—not coral harvested from the world’s endangered coral reefs.
Five more facts about Me&Ro:
1. Before dedicating herself full-time to jewelry making, company founder and CEO Robin Renzi studied ballet and modern dance.
2. Ancient symbolism features prominently in Me&Ro’s designs. Most pieces are engraved with Tibetan, Tamil, Sanskrit or Chinese characters that stand for peace, eternity, love, and joy.
3. Longtime pal Julia Roberts sent Me&Ro’s fashion cachet soaring when she wore several delicate sterling silver and 10K gold pieces in Notting Hill. Renzi styled Julia’s jewels in Eat Pray Love.
4. Julia Roberts isn’t the only A-lister bedecking herself in Me&Ro. Other famous fans include Kate Moss, Gwyneth Paltrow, Charlize Theron and Sheryl Crow.
5. Renzi says she’s inspired by an “awareness of the human need to adorn the human form and communicate through jewelry.” We’re glad she understands that acquiring and wearing jewelry is a primal human urge.