Hover over image to zoom
- Return Policy
- This item has been further reduced from its original Gilt price. It is final sale and non-returnable.
Long sleeve wool slim single breasted two button front solid suit.
- Notch lapel with button hole, non-functional button cuffs and back side vents.
- Welt pocket and two flap front pockets and stitch detail throughout.
- Fully lined with four interior pockets.
Flat front straight leg wool trousers.
- Zippered fly with extended button tab, hidden hook-and-bar and interior button closure and belt loops.
- Waist and back button pockets.
- Partially lined to knee.
- Approximate measurements: rise: 10¾", leg opening: 16", inseam: 36½" (unhemmed). Measurements were taken from a size 50. Model's measurements: Height: 6', Waist: 31", Shirt: 15.5, Suit: 40.
Brand: Pierre Balmain
Material: Shell: 100% Wool, Jacket Lining: 100% Viscose, Pant Lining: 100% Cotton
Dry clean only.
Long a favorite among Paris' most stylish set for its collections of rough-hewn, deconstructed-yet-detailed couture, Balmain originally became popular for a very different aesthetic: uncompromising elegance. Pierre Balmain, the label's ingenious founder, had been one of the European fashion designers responsible for resurrecting luxurious dressing in the aftermath of World War II — setting up shop in 1945 and crafting sumptuous eveningwear for Hollywood royalty and actual royalty alike. Today Balmain is equally recognized for its exquisite silk and satin gowns and women’s fragrances as well for its edgy men’s collections — think distressed jeans and t-shirts, weathered leather jackets and accessories, and sporty sneakers. In 2011 the label launched the diffusion line Pierre Balmain to make its expertly crafted button-down shirts, skinny jeans, tees, one-button wool suits, and other wardrobe essentials more accessible to the fashion-forward public.