Canvas 69er low top ripstop sneakers.
- Six metal eyelets and a rounded toe.
- Two metal grommets at instep.
- Striped midsole with back midsole rubber logo tag.
- Fully lined with a padded insole.
- Rubber sole with traction.
Nate “Tiny” Archibald wore PRO-Keds; so did Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. (Your shoe size will presumably fall somewhere between the two.) Keds, the very first shoes to be called “sneakers” (thanks to their noiseless rubber soles), added PRO-Keds to their team in 1949. The line may be designed specifically for athletes, but these classic canvas and leather kicks have appealed to generations of top-notch jocks and style-minded weekend warriors alike.