Soft leather high top lace up sneakers.
- Five hidden eyelets and a metal D-ring with lacing and a rounded toe.
- Padded collar with topstitch panel detail and metal grommet detail throughout.
- Leather tongue with embossed logo and hidden Velcro secure.
- Fully lined in leather with a padded insole.
- Rubber sole with traction.
Raf Simons Footwear
In 1995, Raf Simons left the career he’d trained for — in industrial and furniture design — to become a menswear designer. With no formal instruction, the self-taught Simons gambled on an eponymous label that melded the rebellious energy of youth subcultures with the precision of classical tailoring. Simons’s particular blend of modern proportion, textural interplay, and innovative shapes was so successful that the Belgian designer’s menswear quickly rose to prominence as one of the most forward-looking lines in Europe. In 2005, Simons took over as head designer for Jil Sander, and a year later he launched the diffusion line Raf by Raf Simons. He recently stepped down from his position at Jil Sander, but with the addition of his Fred Perry collaboration (begun in 2008), Simons manages to keep busy working on three lines at once. An impressive fashion career for an industrial design student.