Hover over image to zoom
- Return Policy
- Returnable within 21 days for Gilt Credit.
*Shoes that will take you one step closer to having a happier, healthier planet
- Stylish hemp upper with a great Mary Jane silhouette
- Lined with certified organic cotton
- Certified organic covered EVA pedbed for a comfortable step
- Vulcanized rubber, sidewall, toecap and heelcap
- Rubber outsole is made from recycled car tires
- 100% post-consumer paper pulp foot forms
Material: Organic hemp, Organic cotton, recycled rubber
One way to reduce your carbon footprint is to buy your footwear from Simple, whose “green” shoes, boots and sneakers come with biodegradable soles. Founded in 1991, Simple started out as a brand dedicated to designing an alternative to all the over-hyped, over-processed and overdone shoes on the market. Basically, they wanted to make something simple. Since then, the label has added sustainability to its mission. In addition to featuring those biodegradable soles (made of recycled rubber), Simple's comfy kicks for men, women and kids are made from repurposed carpet padding, old soda bottles, fast-growing bamboo and hemp. The brand even designs a vegan-friendly line, but we recommend wearing them, not eating them.