- Flat T-strap sandal
- Eco-certified leather upper made from an eco-certified tannery
- Double ankle straps with snap button closures on side
- Stacked leather heel cushion for added comfort
- Leather insole and rubber sole made from recycled car tire
- Water based glue used to hold the shoe together, not petroleum based
- 1 inch sole
One way to reduce your carbon footprint is to buy your footwear from Simple, whose “green” shoes, boots and sneakers come with biodegradable soles. Founded in 1991, Simple started out as a brand dedicated to designing an alternative to all the over-hyped, over-processed and overdone shoes on the market. Basically, they wanted to make something simple. Since then, the label has added sustainability to its mission. In addition to featuring those biodegradable soles (made of recycled rubber), Simple's comfy kicks for men, women and kids are made from repurposed carpet padding, old soda bottles, fast-growing bamboo and hemp. The brand even designs a vegan-friendly line, but we recommend wearing them, not eating them.