Hover over image to zoom
- Return Policy
- This item is final sale and non-returnable.
Thistle Shallow Bullet:
- Extra-large hand-crafted and hand painted round ceramic bullet
- Silver and white thistle detail on grey top
- Features platinum luster
- White lacquered band around rim
- Solid grey matte underside
- Measures 19¾ inches in diameter by 2½ inches in height
- Wipe with a damp cloth
Brand: Waylande Gregory Studios
Origin: United States
Waylande Gregory Studios
Among the most influential and prolific ceramic sculptors of the 20th century, Gregory helped shape the form and language of Art Deco in America. In the 1930s, at the height of his artistic powers and critical success, he served as both an artist-in-residence at the storied Cranbrook Academy of Art and as the director of the New Jersey WPA; he closed that decade by creating the massive Fountain of the Atoms sculpture for the 1939 World’s Fair. Besides his vast body of work, Gregory—who died in 1971—left behind a small collection of nature-inspired ceramic vases, bowls, and objets, several of which feature innovative, 22k gold glazes.