Hover over image to zoom
- Return Policy
- This item is final sale and non-returnable.
- Medium sized clutch
- Metal mesh and embossed suede with tassel accent
- Optional chain-link strap
- Flap opening with hidden magnetic closures
- Dual interior compartments with signature interior lining, a slip pocket and a zip pocket
- Body length 9 inches; height 6 inches; width 2½ inches
- Strap drop 9 inches
Brand: Whiting & Davis
Material: Metal mesh, embossed suede
Whiting & Davis
In the early 20th century, the Whiting & Davis jewelry company cemented its reputation as the world’s leading producer of sterling silver and gold mesh purses — first making them by hand, then, after 1912, by machine. But don’t be mistaken: The company got its start long before it began selling the intricate bags that brought it acclaim. Whiting & Davis’ history actually begins in 1876, when Edward P. Davis, Louis Heckman, and William H. Wade established Wade, Davis & Company in Plainville, Massachusetts and began manufacturing pins, cuff links, and other jewelry pieces. When mesh-making became automated, Whiting & Davis focused on its mesh handbags — achieving a level of success that lasted well into the 20th century. Today the company still produces metal mesh as well as necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings that feature precious and semiprecious stones. In 2010 businessman Darrin Cutler bought Whiting & Davis from Bacou of France, ushering in a new era of innovation and prosperity for the iconic company.