shoppers recently viewed this!
Description: REDUCED SHIPPING FOR ITEMS UNDER $50
- "The Ant and the Grasshopper" is Aesop's moralistic story about working hard in order to reap rewards. In this version, Grasshopper finds himself shut out of a share of the harvest once again and decides to sue the Ants. After all, he serenaded them as they worked all summer long and it was the rhythm of his music that helped them stay on task and bring in a significant harvest. The Ants never actually asked him to play, though, did they? Lawyers take the case and the fable's focus shifts from the value of hard work to the important place that art holds in our lives.
- Pairing the two, given their different endings, would enrich the discussion greatly. This version would make a powerful reader's theater for students to role-play following discussion.
- Raschka's watercolors keep this story solidly in the realm of fable while Giovanni's words make it somewhat more realistic.
- Recommended ages: 4-8 years.
- Hardcover with 56 pages.
- Written by Nikki Giovanni.
- Illustrated by Chris Raschka.
Brand: World Publications Group