Do you have a desire to break things using automated scripts? Does developing automated scripts using Java and Selenium and integrating it with a cloud of desktops excite you? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where things constantly change making it impossible to get bored? If so, read on and learn more about what Quality Engineering is like at Gilt.
At Gilt we take testing very seriously. We have built a Test Management test tool using GWT because we weren’t satisfied with any of the tools, commercial or open, available. We have integrated our automation framework with Sauce Labs so we can run an unlimited number of tests in the cloud on any browser. Our QA Engineers are valued team members with developers, Product Managers and Project Managers using Agile methodologies to deliver a great product. Our onshore team is larger than our offshore team and we outsource because we understand the value of testing around the clock; not trying to do it cheaper.
If this interests you and you have the following skills, we would love to hear from you:
- Know the difference between a method and a function
- Develop SQL statements to do database validations
- Understand the value of automation and manual testing
- Don’t record and playback
- Automate test scripts using Selenium and Java
- Know how to deploy a web app
- Value continuous integration
- Can succinctly describe an issue and the steps to reproduce it
- Have the soft skills needed to win over developers while pointing out mistakes
- People listen to you