If the phrase “babysit a bunch of know-it-all engineers” makes you feel physically nauseous, you have come to the right place. Our leaders help organize highly empowered cross-functional groups that quickly take projects from ideation to production. There are no “but, I don’t want to (whiny voice)” or “I don’t get what this thingy is supposed to do (extra whiny voice)” comments from our engineers because each and every person on our team is empowered to own their own products and drive the creation of new features. The role of the leaders is to guide our teams in the right direction, allow developers to work on what interests them, provide insight and technical expertise, work alongside the engineering team to help create something new, and then have the occasional jalapeno margarita team outing set on the calendar.
Leaders also work to maintain a highly agile work environment, based on the ideas of simplicity and iteration. Past projects have ranged from marketing initiatives to drive member acquisition and activation to creating services-oriented architecture to application and UI programming. The word “bored” has been removed from our vocabulary, which means that you will always be moving forward, and working to optimize Gilt’s website every day.
If you want to be a leader in one of the best Tech organizations and have extensive experience in any of the following, we want to hear from you:
- Application and infrastructure design from concept through development and implementation
- Built and launched web or mobile applications
- Development of consumer facing products for web platforms for e-commerce business utilizing Java, Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL
- Scaling web applications to meet high-volume demands
- Development/configuration of technology for managing retail and procurement operations
- Internationalization of software
- Building and managing effective software development teams (including off-shore and remote teams)