The Customer Support Supervisor will join a dynamic management team focused on growing and developing a world-class service department that delivers on Gilt’s goal to “surprise and delight,” ensuring that every customer has the very best experience. Starting with a team of 15+ people, the successful candidate will collaborate with peers to drive our team to the next level through a continual focus on 1) quality, 2) productivity, 3) efficiency, and 4) culture.
Our department is high energy, naturally team-oriented, sometimes eccentric, always fun, respectful, extraordinarily diverse, and, most importantly, committed to success. Colleagues are intelligent and ambitious, therefore, the successful manager is one with experience fostering education, training, and team/career development. The Customer Support Manager must also be passionate about styles and modes of communication (voice, tone, performance, writing, grammar, linguistics), interpersonal and social behaviors (individual, team, across cultures and generations), technology and technology solutions, and problem solving through collaboration (across teams and functional areas). Finally, sound analytics are key to our success, providing the insight to ensure we scale the business efficiently. How do you measure quality? The Customer Support Manager will not only report metrics such as contacts per order and other productivity measurements, but also examine and present opportunities for identifying alternative quality metrics.
Applicants from diverse backgrounds and experience, possessing unique approaches and points of view, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Manage daily scheduling and productivity, ensuring that SLA goals are met or exceeded
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (Technology, Product Management, Merchandising, Marketing, Operations) in order to identify opportunities for efficiency improvement across the organization
- Serve as a balanced advocate for both the customer and the company
- Grow, drive and nurture a best-in-class team culture
- Experience managing dynamic, diverse teams in a customer- or client-driven environment
- Demonstrated track record of training and developing individuals and teams
- Highly analytical: able to measure, translate, communicate and present data
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and numerical); ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Web savvy; an astute user of technology; strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and Access
- An unwavering commitment to excellence
- Possess a strong sense of urgency
- Sound judgment and decision-making; accepts accountability and takes pride in one’s work
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, including complex projects
- Skilled at diving into the details as well as big picture strategic planning
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with a positive attitude
- Adaptable and highly resourceful; able to work with limited information when necessary