THE DAPPER DOG AWARDS
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Dapper Dog Awards Awards (the “Contest”) begins 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 19, 2013 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on February 26, 2013 (“Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States, who, as of date of entry, are 18 years of age or older. To enter, you must be a registered member of gilt.com. If you are not already a registered member, go to gilt.com and follow the prompts under 'register.' Employees of Gilt Groupe, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and promotion agencies involved with this Contest, and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of any such persons or entities are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase necessary.
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: During the Contest Period, email a photo of your pet looking its most stylish to [email protected] (the “Photo”). Include the following details in the body of your email: full name; email address under which you have registered as a member of Sponsor; contact phone number; title for your photograph; and name of the pet featured in the Photo. Participants may enter one (1) Photo. All eligible entries must be successfully emailed by 11:59 p.m. ET on February 26, 2013. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to these official Contest rules (these “Official Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- THE WINNERS: Sponsor will select finalists out of all eligible entries and will post finalist Photos on facebook.com/gilt (“Contest Website”) at no later than 9:00 p.m. ET on February 27, 2013 for viewing purposes only. Any Facebook user (“User”) may 'like' a Photo, and a User may 'like' more than one Photo however each User may 'like' each image no more than once. While users may “like” photos, the number of “likes” a photo receives will not determine the winner, Sponsor will make the final determination of the winners on February 28, 2013, in its sole and absolute discretion, based on the following judging criteria: creativity (34%), quality of photograph and imagery (33%), and fit with image of the theme "stylish pet" (33%) and reserves the right to grant multiple prizes of equal value to the multiple winners.
The three winners determined by Sponsor will be awarded Grand, Second and Third prize winners, subject to verification. Only one prize per entrant. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. No information regarding entries or judging will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Contest.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: All potential winners will be notified by email. The Grand, Second Prize and Third Prize winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) and an Assignment of Rights within five (5) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will select an alternate winner. If any entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence, his/her parent/legal guardian will be required to complete the affidavit on entrant’s behalf and entrant prizes will be awarded to parent/legal guardian. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate determination. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible or if any potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may also be disqualified and an alternate potential prize winner will be determined.
- PHOTO REQUIREMENTS: The submitted Photo(s) must be the property of the entrant and must be taken by entrant. The photographic image(s) must be in a .gif, .jpg, or .jpeg format and no larger than 5MB in file size. Any Photo that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, (i) is obscene, profane, lewd or defamatory; (ii) violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity; (iii) includes anti-social content, a commercial solicitation or promotional materials, or address, phone number, or URL address; (iv) does not meet the requirements outlined in these Official Rules or on the Contest Website; or (v) is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Photo.
All Photos submitted become the property of Sponsor upon submission and will not be returned. Each entrant grants to Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, sublicensee, agents and representatives a worldwide, royalty-free, unrestricted, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute, transmit, publish, edit, exhibit, disseminate, display, reproduce, create derivative works from and use in any way, throughout the universe and in perpetuity, each submitted Photo, and any reproductions or derivative works thereof, through any and all manners, formats or media now known or hereafter devised (including on the Contest Website and any other websites owned or controlled by Sponsor, its affiliates or anyone acting on Sponsor’s authority), for any and all lawful purposes, and agrees to execute documents, instruments or agreements confirming such right and license (as further defined in section 9 below) at Sponsor’s reasonable request. Any Photo deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, will be disqualified. By entering, the entrant understands that his/her Photo may be posted online, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to be viewed by members of the general public. Sponsor has the sole and absolute discretion to determine whether a Photo qualifies as an entry. Any Photo not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the Contest Website’s requirements will be disqualified. Photos must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, obscene, profane, lewd or defamatory as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. In such an event, the Photo will be disqualified from the Contest. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by entrants’ online service will apply. No information regarding entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules or on the Contest Website, will be disclosed.
- PRIZES: Grand Prize (1) – $500 in Gilt Credit. (ARV $500). Second Prize (1) – $250 in Gilt Credit each. (ARV $250). Third Prize (1) – $100 in Gilt Credit (ARV $100). Credit can be used for purchases on www.gilt.com, excluding www.giltcity.com and www.jetsetter.com. Please note, Gilt Credits will be awarded via placement into the winner’s Sponsor account, in one lump sum, within 30 days of winner confirmation (using the e-mail address associated with the Sponsor account or the Contest registration). No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent permitted. Use of the Gilt Credit is subject to the terms and conditions found at www.gilt.com. Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
- GENERAL RULES: Decisions of Sponsor are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Return of e-mail notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be determined. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries or the online voting in the Contest, or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual that (i) tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website, or the application; (ii) violates these Official Rules; or (iii) acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest (and/or online voting) is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest process, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to cancel the Contest (and/or online voting) and determine the winners via Sponsor-selected judges from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation, based on the judging criteria listed above.
- RELEASE: Entrant hereby waives any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the Photo(s) submitted, acknowledges Sponsor’s right to crop, splice, treat and edit such Photo(s) in its sole and absolute discretion, and waives any right entrant may have to inspect or approve the finished product, now and in the future, whether that use is known or unknown to such entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue the use of the entries without notice to any entrant, including the winners. Entrant hereby represents and warrants to Sponsor that: (i) all rights to the Photo(s) submitted belong to such entrant and such Photo(s) do(es) not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other right of any third party nor violate any applicable law, rule or regulation, (ii) such entrant has the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Photo(s), free and clear of all claims and encumbrances, without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, (iii) such entrant hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third party claims arising from or relating to Sponsor’s use of the Photo(s) and waives any right to inspect or approve uses of the Photo(s) or to be compensated for any such uses. Participating in the Contest constitutes permission to Sponsor and its agencies to use entrants’ and their depicted pet’s names, voice, likeness, age, city, state and/or image and Photo for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, entrant hereby agrees that Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, retailers, advertising and Contest agencies, and its and each of their respective equity holders, officers, directors, employees, assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held indemnified, defended and held harmless by such entrant for, any and all liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable, or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest-related activity. Entrant hereby waives any and all rights and fully and forever releases each of the Released Parties from any and all claims or causes of action, whether now known or unknown, of any kind, including but not limited to defamation, invasion of right to privacy, publicity or personality or any similar matter, relating to the Contest, the operation thereof, or any Photo entry, or based upon or relating to the use and exploitation of the Photo entries as contemplated herein, or use in composite form, either intentionally or otherwise. Each entrant hereby represents and warrants that such entrant has read these Official Rules and is fully familiar with its contents.
- WINNERS LIST: The first names and last initials of the winners, as well as name of pet, will be posted on the Contest Website for a period of time within a reasonable amount of time of the close of the Contest.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Contest is Gilt Groupe, Inc., 2 Park Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10016.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are determined a Contest winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Sponsor.