The Gilt series will feature more than 10 Canadian designer sales including:
• Ela Handbags (Monday, March 10) - Husband and wife duo Ela and Martin Aldorsson transform fine leather goods into street-chic must-haves for their accessories line Ela, a favourite of fashion editors and young celebs.
• Cuchara (Tuesday, March 11) - Designer Edilou Canedo's collection got its name from her first eclectic pieces crafted from vintage silver spoons. The line now features handmade statement jewelry infused with a playfully edgy vibe.
• Christopher Bates (Tuesday, March 11) - Toronto-based designer who trained at the legendary Istituto Maragoni in Milan. His looks combine contemporary tailoring with shots of colour and clever details that give them a modern, right-now feel.
• Beaufille (Wednesday, March 12) - This Toronto-based contemporary line — helmed by sister design team Chloe and Parris Gordon — delivers modern, sophisticated basics inspired by classic French style.
• Chip Foster (Wednesday, March 12) - Chip Foster (yes, that's Chip of Chip & Pepper, a massively successful line he ran with his twin brother) is a line of clean and simple selvedge denim from a designer who's built his career on pushing the envelope.
• Sid Neigum (Thursday, March 13) - Designer Sid Neigum's eponymous collection is a go-to for a sharp, androgynous look, focusing on structured pieces marked by architectural tailoring and geometric details.
• Philippe Dubac (Wednesday, March 19) - Traditional must-have pieces — like trench coats, cargo pants, suits, and cardigan sweaters — with modern tailoring and smart, fashion-forward twists.
"We're really excited that Beaufille will be featured on Gilt — the website is a great platform for designers, and we've been following them since their launch, in 2007" said Parris Gordon, Designer, Beaufille. "We're honoured to have been asked to be a part of the Canadian designer initiative, as well as be a part of a significant fashion e-commerce website like Gilt that many of our favourite designers have been featured on," added Chloe Gordon, Designer, Beaufille.
Gilt members will also have the opportunity to shop curated sales by top Canadian bloggers and editors, including Alexander Liang of Kenton Magazine and Michelle Bilodeau of Front Row Mag, filled with some of their favourite designer pieces for Spring dressing.
Quantities are very limited, so be sure to shop fast. Gilt will also be offering free shipping to Canada through March 28 at 11:59 p.m.
"We're thrilled to be partnering with such talented Canadian designers for this exciting series," said Marshall Porter, SVP and GM of International and Business Development, Gilt. "We're constantly working to bring our members a more exciting, gratifying shopping experience at Gilt."
To enhance the shopping experience for Canadians, Gilt now accepts returns from Canada for sized items under $200. Gilt also builds duties into its prices, so there are no surprises at checkout.
Gilt currently ships to 180 countries around the world, making the shopping experience even more convenient for international members. To become a member log onto www.gilt.com/canada.
Gilt, www.gilt.com, is an innovative online shopping destination offering its members special access to the most inspiring merchandise and experiences every day at insider prices. Gilt continually searches the world for the most coveted brands and products, including fashion for women, men, and children; home decor; and unique activities in select cities and destinations. We believe that every day is an opportunity to inspire and be inspired.
For more information, please contact:
Ashley Dunlop, rock-it promotions, inc., at email@example.com or 416.656.0707 ext. 105
Cherie Gallarello, Gilt.com at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646.524.9224