New York, NY, July 19, 2011 – Gilt Groupe, an innovative online shopping destination, is thrilled to announce it's Surf's Up sale launching on July 20th with surf inspired products and experiences across all Gilt Groupe categories – Women's, Gilt MAN, Children's, Home, Taste, Jetsetter and Gilt CITY. In partnership with 10x ASP World Champion surfer Kelly Slater; surfer girl, fashion designer and ExhibitionA.com co-founder Cynthia Rowley; and Quiksilver, the event includes swimsuits, wetsuits, beauty products, towels and boardshorts. Exclusive to Gilt.com are five RARE Kelly Slater autographed Channel Islands Surfboards and two one-of-a-kind surfboards curated by Cynthia Rowley with ExhibitionA.com artists.
Through the Surf's Up sale, Gilt.com is able to exclusively offer five rare Channel Island Semi Pro surfboards autographed by Kelly Slater as well as two styles from contemporary art website ExhibitionA.com designed by artists Richard Phillips and Sean Landers. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of all of the surfboards in the Surf's Up sale will be donated to The Pablove Foundation (www.pablove.org) in support of pediatric cancer research and advances in cancer treatment.
"Gilt is thrilled to partner with Quiksilver, Cynthia Rowley and ExhibitionA.com, as well as an incredible athlete such as Kelly Slater, this summer to celebrate surf style. Through this exclusive opportunity, we are able to offer our members unique products and experiences across all lifestyle categories," said Jyothi Rao, General Manager of Women's, Gilt Groupe. "Surf style has taken the coasts by storm and its popularity is growing throughout the United States, you can't deny the sports influence on what we are seeing walk down the runways."
Launching on Wednesday, July 20th at 12pm ET, and lasting for 36 hours, the Surf's Up sale will feature special products and experiences from each category under the Gilt Groupe umbrella including:
• Women's: Cynthia Rowley's ready-to-wear collection in exclusive colors and fabrics for Gilt.com, as well as a Cynthia Rowley for Roxy wetsuit from her upcoming August collection and beauty products, tan towels and sunscreen.
• Gilt MAN: Wetsuits, surf jackets, boardshorts and sportswear from Quiksilver, featuring the Kelly Slater sandals. We will also have Olasul boardshorts and T-shirts in the brand's signature Aqua and Orange colors.
• Children's: QuIksilver boys and Roxy Girls apparel.
• Gilt Home: All of our exclusive surfboards – two ExhibitionA.com styles and five Kelly Slater signed Channel Island surfboards – as well items to achieve chic beach house style, will be available through the Home portal.
• Gilt CITY: Gilt CITY is offering up premium experiences in various cities including Paddleboard Pilates in Chicago, chartered flights to beach locales in New York and a deal at the Nor 'Easter Surf Shop in Boston. Nationally, members can purchase one of two offers that will equal 50 percent off at Freewater Sandals.
• Jetsetter: Jetsetter will serve up curated sales of favorite beach destinations by Kelly Slater.
• Gilt TASTE: Surfing with a California chef, après surf crabcakes and beach picnics.
About Gilt Groupe, Inc.
Gilt Groupe, www.gilt.com <http://www.gilt.com>, is an online shopping destination offering its members special access to the most inspiring merschandise, culinary offerings, and expereinces every day, many at insider prices. Gilt continually searches the world for the most coveted brands and products, including fashion for women, men, and children; home decor; artisanal ingredients; hotels and travel experiences on every continent; and unique activities in a growing list of cities and destinations. We believe that every day is an opportunity to inspire and be inspired.
MEDIA CONTACT: Jill Meisner | Gilt Groupe, Inc. | [email protected] | (646) 524-9642