MANual Minute

Finding the Right Sunglasses for Your Face

180+ seconds of style advice, attitude, and more—all for the price of 60. This week's topic: frames to fit your mug.

Spring is just around the corner (we hope!), which means one thing: now’s the time to start plotting your Seasonal Sunglass Strategy™. As always, Josh is here to help, with some helpful advice on matching your frames to your face type (even if every style somehow magically looks great on him). First, though, a sip of whisky to bid farewell to winter…

1. Stephen says:

omg what tools.

2. Kris says:

Granted, you only had 3 minutes, but this was disappointing. You gave a very high-level and basic overview that any self-respecting man outside of high school should know already. You didn’t discuss hair length/type or complexion at all, which can have a lot to do with how a style will look.

3. Anthony says:

Good concept, good start. Maybe a follow up with Kris’ suggestion would be in order?

Also, I’ve considered purchasing Gilt sunglasses before, but decided not to because you do not allow returns on accessories. Sunglasses are hard to fit by image alone – as this video and previous comment pointed out – and need to be tried on before making a buying decision. If Gilt offered returns on sunglasses, I would be much more willing to put up the cash. But until then, I’m not taking the risk. Peace.

4. Paul says:

@Stephen

Big time tools.

5. Tyler Thoreson says:

Hey Anthony, hard to argue with your point. I’m going to pass this along to the folks who make the decisions on returns.

Thanks for watching,
    Tyler “aka Tool #1″ Thoreson

6. Alex says:

It’d be nice if this video worked on an iPad…

7. TheRhys says:

I liked the video, but agree that it was very basic. A more in depth video would be excellent, as well as more examples. Thank you for the video.
    -TR

8. Daniel says:

I think the video was perfectly informative. If you require more then this in regards to buying sunglasses you should probably just stay out of the sun.

9. Tyler Thoreson says:

You are right, sir. We are working on that…

10. Nile says:

These two make me ashamed to a male in Manhattan

11. SHANNIN says:

Two questions-

Who makes those boots? Grenson?
    What are the 6th pair of sunglasses he tried on?

Agreed on the sunglasses return policy.

12. Brett says:

@Nile — but you’re on the Gilt MANual website watching a video about fitting sunglasses. Puhlease, grrl.

13. Chris says:

YES! I want to pull the trigger on some shades right now but it is so risky with no return. I don’t think I can do it.

14. Kevin says:

Very jealous of the dude who can pull off all those different sunglasses.