- Size :
2006 Pelissero Long Now Piedmont (750 ml)
Pelissero is a small, high quality winery in the Langhe region of Italy (in the Piedmont area in sight of the Italian Alps). The Pelissero family has been farming in the region for four generations and wine has been grown in their area at least since Roman times. The vineyards must be hand harvested and production is limited, resulting in beautiful, intense and expressive wines.
The 2006 Long Now is a blend of Pelissero's legendary Nebbiolo and Barbera grapes and is a strong, unfiltered, teeth staining wine. It is excellent now, but getting better with age. This wine has received a 95 point rating from the experts at Wine Spectator and has been picked up at many restaurants (including Spago of Beverly Hills). It is a big wine with aromas of black cherry and currant, spices, toasted oak, and a distinct mineral note. This explosive bottle needs a fitting food match; pair with bone-in leg of lamb or beef braised in Barolo. Only 780 cases produced.
Varietals: Nebbiolo and Barbera
Nose: Aromas of black cherry, spices, black currant and herbs
Palate: Dark and brooding, featuring saturated black currant, wild herb and mineral notes
Accolades: 95 Points from Wine Spectator
Drink: Now through 2040
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age.
- Due to state restrictions and our merchants' licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NV, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- The vendor & Gilt are not responsible for delays due to extreme weather conditions.
- Items are sold by Porthos which is the seller of record.
- Taxes & shipping fee are collected on behalf of the seller.