- Size :
2007 RustRidge Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (750 ml)
Driving through the hills of Napa in the Chiles Valley, past mirror lakes and endless clouds, up to RustRidge Winery, one is reminded of the long forgotten California countryside. Before the mega-estates and pricey cult Cabs gained a foothold in the region, Napa was horse and farm country. Despite being only 15 minutes off of the Silverado Trail, the Chiles Valley is a warp back in time when wines were pure expressions of the land and the people that made them. RustRidge Winery was founded in those early years of Napa, and remains true to its roots. The owners and staff wear cowboy boots, everybody works the ranch as a team, and even the 30+ year old vines remain untouched by the Phylloxera that ravaged Napa in the 80's and 90's.
RustRidge is not only a full production winery, but also a training facility for thoroughbred race horses, and the husband-and-wife team of Susan Meyer and Jim Fresquez manage both. Susan, one of a handful of female winemakers in the region, learned her art through hands on experience over the past 20 years. Jim, the primary thoroughbred training and breeding manager, has been in the horse world for decades. He trained the horses from Little House on the Prairie and even owns Seabiscuit's original tack and saddle, on display at the ranch. The wines Susan and Jim create honor their dedication to the land. They don't use pesticides and let the horses do the fertilizing. They believe in letting the fruit, the soil and the warm climate of the region, shine through in their wines.
The RustRidge Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 is a pre-release wine exclusive to Gilt. This deep, dark red is a powerhouse example of Cabernet from the Chiles Valley. Full-bodied and dry, with intense, gripping tannins, this wine can stand up to any game and meats on the grill, especially those slightly charred. Only 474 cases produced.
Varietals: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Nose: Cassis, leather, dried leaves, earthy notes and hints of tobacco
Palate: A powerhouse Cabernet with tobacco leaves, black tea, leather, cocoa powder, oak, cassis and blackberries on the palate
Drink: Now through 2019
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age.
- Due to state restrictions and our merchants' licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NV, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- The vendor & Gilt are not responsible for delays due to extreme weather conditions.
- Items are sold by RustRidge Winery which is the seller of record.
- Taxes & shipping fee are collected on behalf of the seller.
Brand: RustRidge Winery
Origin: United States