- Size :
2007 Zind Humbrecht Gewurztraminer Clos Windsbuhl (750 ml)
The legendary Domaine Zind Humbrecht produces some of Alsace's most opulent, terroir driven wines. Set near the Vosges Mountains in Northeastern France, the biodynamic farming practices of winemaker Olivier Humbrecht allow the vineyard to tell its story of time and place: the elements, the land, the varietal, down to the use of natural yeasts. Olivier Humbrecht is the only Master of Wine in France, and his wines command immense respect as well as extraordinary reviews. Showered by Wine Spectator with the highest ratings of any Alsatian winery in 2007, Gilt is thrilled to offer these prized bottlings.
This sweet Gewurztraminer is from the Clos Windsbuhl vineyard which offers vines perfect exposure and a poor calcareous rocky soil. The grapes were partially botrytised and therefore reached very high ripeness, yet retained exceptional acidity. This is a late harvest style. Enjoy with foie gras and ripe cheeses. 475 cases produced.
Varietals: 100% Gewurztraminer
Nose: Exotic fruit, lychee and jasmine flowers
Palate: Juicy peach, honey with smoke and zest and racy acidity
Sweetness Indice: 5 (Scale 1-5, 1 being the driest)
Drink: 2012 through 2032
Accolades: 92 points from Wine Spectator
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age.
- Due to state restrictions and our merchants' licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, GA, ID, IL, IA, KS, LA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NV, NH, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OR, TX, VT, VA, WA, WV, WY.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- The vendor & Gilt are not responsible for delays due to extreme weather conditions.
- Items are sold by Porthos which is the seller of record.
- Taxes & shipping fee are collected on behalf of the seller.