- Size :
2007 Zind Humbrecht Riesling Herrenweg (750 ml)
The legendary Domaine Zind Humbrecht produces some of Alsace's most opulent, terroir driven wines. Set near the Vosges Mountains in Northeastern France, the biodynamic farming practices of winemaker Olivier Humbrecht allow the vineyard to tell its story of time and place: the elements, the land, the varietal, down to the use of natural yeasts. Olivier Humbrecht is the only Master of Wine in France, and his wines command immense respect as well as extraordinary reviews. Showered by Wine Spectator with the highest ratings of any Alsatian winery in 2007, Gilt is thrilled to offer these prized bottlings.
The Herrenweg vineyard from which this wine comes, has poor gravely alluvial soil with good drainage. Average vine age is an impressive 32 years. This pretty wine is lovely on its own, but pairs well with seafood curry and sushi. 958 cases produced.
Varietals: 100% Riesling
Nose: Expressive white fruits of peach and pear with floral notes
Palate: Attractive acidity with peach, orange, star fruit and a smoky finish
Sweetness Indice: 1 (Scale 1-5, 1 being the driest)
Drink: Now through 2019
Accolades: 92 points from Wine Spectator
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age.
- Due to state restrictions and our merchants' licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, GA, ID, IL, IA, KS, LA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NV, NH, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OR, TX, VT, VA, WA, WV, WY.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- The vendor & Gilt are not responsible for delays due to extreme weather conditions.
- Items are sold by Porthos which is the seller of record.
- Taxes & shipping fee are collected on behalf of the seller.